View Single Post
daplunk

Old December 13th, 2016, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't hold your breathe on that one. Pretty sure it was kbs666 who reached out to WOTC to see if he could include a simple map in the custom content he has made and he got a rejection. Unless of course the content is covered under a current OGL.

Licensing is going to be really interesting in relation to WOTC. Really what is needed is a similar agreement to the DMsGuild.com so people can release content based around the d&d rules and settings. But I would wager it's much more likely that any license agreement would be between LW and WOTC and not cover user content submissions.

Raises an interesting question though... could the export files not be hosted via DMsGuild.com effectively allowing you to host anything that is based on the 5e rules or set in the Forgotten Realms. You couldn't release Eberron setting stuff there currently, it's restricted to the following: 1) Has no setting or 2) Uses the Forgotten Realms setting.

I did something similar to you but with the Faerun (FR) setting. There was absolutely demand for it. I for one would pay for an official Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting Pack. Imagine a map full of pins and information. Would be so good.

Obviously I have no idea what's actually going to happen. Ultimately we would need to know the outcomes of any discussions between LW and WOTC which are not likely to be made public.

You should probably have a read here, it covers the difference between publishing under the OGL and the DMsGuild.
What is the DMsGuild.com

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; December 13th, 2016 at 06:17 PM.
daplunk is offline   #9 Reply With Quote