View Single Post
daplunk

Old February 16th, 2017, 01:33 AM
Now lets discuss the cloud support.

It's not necessary although I could not operate without it.

The cloud is basically a backup to a server. It's not live sync. You work in Realm Works and as you exit you get the option to sync your changes backup to the cloud.

If you are using just one machine and are ok with making your own backups (trust me, loosing a years worth of work in Realm Works is heart breaking) then you could go without it.

Personally, i need the cloud because I prep on my PC and run games on my laptop. The cloud backup lets me sync changes from one machine to the other and back again. It's very easy and saves a heap of messing around.

Also I don't trust my HDD's not to fail (anyone who watches my videos can vouch for that). I have about 2 years(?) of data entered. One of the largest realms around these parts to my knowledge (prove me wrong people I want to see the beastliest realms!) and if my HDD failed I sleep safe in the knowledge that my realm is backed up to the cloud.

Now all these nay-sayers are... well I wont say anything nasty... but no on, and i mean NO ONE is currently paying for cloud storage. The timer is stopped and has been as long as I have used the product. It's scheduled to start up again with the launch of the Content Market which is just around the corner so you are going to have to consider that in your purchase.

But seriously, for the amount of support that LWD give us (I pester them a couple of times a week and they always personally respond, sorry team!) I personally don't think the cost is a concern. Servers and bandwidth cost money to run. I use a ****load of bandwidth and i will certainly get my money out of support from the full-time team.

This isn't some coders project. This is professional software with many years of development and honestly... they deserve more than we have paid IMO.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #10 Reply With Quote