PDA

View Full Version : Versatile weapons

MNBlockHead
March 1st, 2016, 08:22 PM
When you add a versatile weapon, HL seems to always apply the higher versatile damage. I've tried adding a shield and equiping it while holding the weapon. I've tried equiping the versatile weapon in one hand and another weapon in the off hand and nothing will change the damage dice. If the weapon is 1d6, but 1d8 two-handed, it ALWAYS shows 1d8.

In particular, I'm working with a monk and a quarterstaff. At this point, I'm looking into creating a new weapon without out the versatile property and having the character have both. When using it two-handed, I'll equip the SRD quarterstaff, when one-handed, I'll select my custom-made quarterstaff.

MNBlockHead
March 1st, 2016, 08:26 PM
Okay...so I made a new first level cleric and the quarterstaff works as expected. Must be a monk thing...

MNBlockHead
March 1st, 2016, 10:36 PM
Martial arts allows the monk to switch a d8 for the damage die of a monk weapon, shouldn't work if I add armor or a shield, so that seems to be a bug, but otherwise that's why I'm getting d8 on the quarterstaff with this monk regardless of whether weilding it with one or two hands.

Mergon
March 3rd, 2016, 07:39 AM
I have to create new new monk to test this, but on the one I did last night it was making the damage die 1d8 far to early. The test character was 6th level single class monk and already my unarmed and monk weapons had a d8 for a damage die. I have to check this a bit more before I report it as a bug. It might have been one of my custom abilities or items messing up.

GeekySpaz
March 13th, 2016, 03:32 PM
This is a bug. The table that is programmed in for the monk HtH damage is not consistent with the table in the SRD. I know it has been reported as a bug at least once.