PDA

View Full Version : Brp?

trechriron
June 11th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Any plans on a BRP version? I would buy one up in a heartbeat.

Beastttt
June 12th, 2010, 09:17 PM
same here

Mathias
June 14th, 2010, 08:32 AM
The BRP is something we want to add, but I'm afraid we're committed to a few other projects for the next few months, and the BRP is not on our schedule yet. Sorry I don't have any real news for you.

ozchandler
June 17th, 2010, 11:39 AM
brp would be a nice addition. so what projects are on the horizon?

Paragon
June 30th, 2010, 05:17 PM
To bad about the BRP support not being for a while. CoC per se isn't any use to me, but full blown BRP (with support for the options) would make it a must-have.

tooley1chris
February 11th, 2013, 12:26 PM
What Paragon said!....in 2010...:(

Krimson
February 11th, 2013, 08:33 PM
I think there is some BRP material, but a lot seems to be missing. I would also buy this in a second if the Big Gold Book were fully supported.

DarkHerald
February 14th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I agree 100% come on Lone Wolf listen to our plea

tooley1chris
February 22nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Can you imagine a world where a paying customer, a repeatedly paying customer, does not have to wait over a week for the provider of goods/services to even respond to an inquiry involving spending more of the customers money? :eek:

Colen
February 24th, 2013, 10:38 AM
We do have plans for BRP, it's just been challenging to fit it in with our other commitments recently. :( We'll be sharing any new info we have in our monthly newsletter, so keep an eye on that for further information.

tooley1chris
February 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I've already purchased liscence for CoC but would, right now, pay for a seperate BRP liscence, if it's really done completely. With the CoC system complete, seems this would be easy money for the wolf pack. :)

tooley1chris
November 14th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Just a little bump to show interest. It's amazing how much Pathfinder stuff has been incorporated and I've bought some of it myself. How about a little BRP /Magic World love? :)

MPHopcroft
February 2nd, 2014, 07:16 AM
Admittedly LWD has to go where the money is, and right now there's a lot more money in Pathfinder than there is in BRP. That makes it no less frustrating, even as someone who's just discovering BRP and has not been waiting for a dataset with bated breath for four years.

One complicating factor is Mongoose opening up the system, because there are now at least eight games, many competing directly, that use the exact same core mechanic as CoC/BRP. The new version of Runequest, the sixth official edition from the fourth different publisher, is just one example. The Cakebread and Walton Renaissance/Clockwork & Chivalry line is another. (Yes, the name of the company is Cakebread and Walton. Those are the names of the proprietors.) It would be a herculean task to build a form that supports even a good fraction of those games, and the licensing would be murder.

But that only goes to show it's become a big, big world out there.

LWD is a business. If they want to stay in business, be profitable, and continue to feed themselves, they have to "go where the money is". That makes things no less frustrating for supporters of niche systems.

Kairos
February 2nd, 2014, 11:21 AM
Well, yeah, you'd have to decide how to scope it. Doing the BGB wouldn't be too hard since the mechanics in that game aren't really integrated. But, this would have to be a community effort since the subset of brp players who would also use Hero Lab would be small.

RQ6 might be a better commercial bet, but again, not sure how many RQ6 players are also Hero Lab users...beside me. :)

gloranphile
February 20th, 2014, 09:06 AM
I'm an RQ6 player and would LOVE to get Hero Lab for it.

MPHopcroft
February 21st, 2014, 04:34 PM
RQ6 is one of about right different games that use OGL variations of the BRP/D100 system. That in itself might be enough to scare off a publisher -- with so many different variations, that would be a lot of switchable options you would need. Like Combat Styles for RQ6 that do not match the way combat skills work in other BRP games.

LWD will also have to make a decision when CoC 7th edition is released later this year, which shifts from the normal 3-18 to percentile stats. Is it worth their trouble to release a 7th Edition set?

tooley1chris
March 11th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Is it worth their time to back the customers who already paid for the license because of their hope for continued support? Was that the question? Yikes.
I wonder how much of Pathfinder is updated ONLY because of new datasets the wolfpack is SELLING the customers....That's not support. That's the carrot and stick.

MPHopcroft
March 25th, 2014, 07:50 PM
I know that came out wrong, but for some reason explaining myself coherently has been an utter failure in this case. It's frustrating.

Dwayne
April 12th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Is it worth their time to back the customers who already paid for the license because of their hope for continued support? Was that the question? Yikes.
I wonder how much of Pathfinder is updated ONLY because of new datasets the wolfpack is SELLING the customers....That's not support. That's the carrot and stick.

You sound like me.

gamemasterbob
May 29th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I am a fan of BRP (latest ed). However, I like RPGs were Core characteristics effect skills and figured stats. BRP, for the most part, does not employ this unless you use the option "Skill Category Bonuses"(page 31 BRP). This would be a great small check box add-on at character creation. Yea, I know it's not as easy as it sounds, BUT its easier than a full blown BRP set. What does the forum think?

I just realized that I posted the same suggestion about a year ago. Sorry...

MPHopcroft
December 18th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I wonder if the editor (not the authoring kt) could be used to provide alternative versions of the CoC template that will cover one of the other D100 games.

I'm also curious about the upcoming revised version of Delta Green and how compatible it will be with CoC6 (if at all).

EightBitz
December 18th, 2014, 08:48 PM
It's been said by one of the staff that even though CoC is based on BRP, the differences between the two are too extensive for the editor to handle an adaptation from one to the other.

tooley1chris
February 28th, 2015, 04:38 AM
BRP is still the core mechanic. The designers should have started with BRP and spun off from there.
I would love to design a Magic World data set but it's a lot to learn to design 1 system. The people who are experts at authoring just don't have the interest.

Paragon
March 10th, 2015, 05:31 AM
BRP is still the core mechanic. The designers should have started with BRP and spun off from there.
I would love to design a Magic World data set but it's a lot to learn to design 1 system. The people who are experts at authoring just don't have the interest.

Once you have the core elements, you don't even typically need the full authoring kit; if I had a full BRP core to work from, I'm pretty sure I could do a Magic World dataset, and I'm not really up with the authoring kit, just the editor.

tooley1chris
July 4th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Well, should you find the time and ambition, I'd be most grateful. :)

AndrewD2
July 4th, 2015, 07:38 AM
I just picked up BRP in the recent DTRPG sale and was considering working it up in the Authoring Kit for a member of my group, but it'd probably be a year before anything got released.

tooley1chris
July 4th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Really wish I had a good working knowledge of the Toolkit. Thanks for whatever you share!

AndrewD2
July 4th, 2015, 08:20 AM
It just takes time/practice and a willingness to ask questions. The biggest hurdle is I have to feel I have a really good handle on the rules before going into the code and I haven't had time to start reading BRP yet.

Paragon
July 4th, 2015, 06:04 PM
I suspect that some of the biggest issues will involves Some of the optional rules.

Jeffrywith1e
May 7th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Looking for BRP support, too.

tooley1chris
November 15th, 2017, 12:45 PM
So it's been a bit since I expressed an interest in BRP Magic World (WOW 4 years!) and I've learned a lot about the HL system thru the editor and am gonna try my hand at doing a Magic World conversion from the CoC system....
Unless anyone else has started this? :D

Would really help if the KitWiki was even close to finished. Did those tutorials get moved somewhere else?