PDA

View Full Version : Ammo questions

TCArknight
May 3rd, 2010, 12:16 PM
Howdy!

In the process of working on a file for the Serenity RPG I've run into a couple of things I have no idea if is possible:

1) If you place ammo in a weapon, is it possible to alter the stats for that weapon? For ex.: AP Ammo loaded reduces pistol damage from D6W to D4W and adds a note for the pistol that the weapon now ignores 3 points of armor..

2) How would I make a 'Magazine, Pistol' gear that only held 6 'Ammo' items? Also, pistol contain only a single magazine but display it's 6 rounds individually on the expendibles section of sheet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!
TC

Mathias
May 3rd, 2010, 12:36 PM
1) If you place ammo in a weapon, is it possible to alter the stats for that weapon? For ex.: AP Ammo loaded reduces pistol damage from D6W to D4W and adds a note for the pistol that the weapon now ignores 3 points of armor..

Many specialty ammo types exist in the Core Rules and have their effects implemented in HL, so I'd start by copying the "Armor Piercing Ammo" from there in the editor, and take a look at it's script - the core rules version reduces damage by 1 step, so you'll probably only need to change the cost and sources.

2) How would I make a 'Magazine, Pistol' gear that only held 6 'Ammo' items? Also, pistol contain only a single magazine but display it's 6 rounds individually on the expendibles section of sheet?

I skipped the magazines when creating the Cortex material - if the user wants to track ammo magazine to magazine, rather than the total number of rounds their character carries, they can purchase the ammo in groups of the magazine's size. Each set of ammo will be displayed separately.

TCArknight
May 3rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
It does help to choose the right ammo. One of the AP Ammo has the script, the other doesn't :)

The magazine idea was just a thought of something that might be useful.

I do have one other semi-related question. :)

The Carbine Remodel weapon modification can apply to Rifles and shotguns. It lowers range increment by 1/4 rounded down.

A) How to limit the modification to Rifles or Shotguns?

B) What tag holds the Range Increment?

Thanks!
TC