• Please note: In an effort to ensure that all of our users feel welcome on our forums, we’ve updated our forum rules. You can review the updated rules here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=5528.

    If a fellow Community member is not following the forum rules, please report the post by clicking the Report button (the red yield sign on the left) located on every post. This will notify the moderators directly. If you have any questions about these new rules, please contact support@wolflair.com.

    - The Lone Wolf Development Team

Using Hero Lab Classic on a Windows tablet

Mad Hamish

Well-known member
Has anybody run classic hero lab on a windows tablet?
I had the iPad version but a recent update of the OS uninstalled hero lab and I can't download it again as it's been removed from the store
So now I'm considering getting a windows tablet and using it on that
 
I was in the same boat — upgraded my iPad but then couldn't install HLC on it. And backups of the iPad don't include the apps anymore (they used to), so no way to restore it.

I haven't used HLC on a Windows device (I don't use Windows at all), but I have two friends who have Surface tablets and they used HLC extensively. I find the native app pretty clunky to use (can't copy/paste text from most fields, dialogs open that can't be moved around the screen, later versions had a bug in the dependency graph so that fields weren't being recalculated when a dependent value changed so recalculating everything was turned on for every change), so while I can run it using Rosetta on my MacBook Pro, I haven't done so in a long time.

I've since moved on from HLC. I've begun using PathCompanion.com for my PF1e characters. It's not perfect, but the author is quite responsive to suggestions and a large amount of OGL content is already implemented. It is subscription-based (which I'm not personally a fan of), but a free account provides everything I need currently. I will feel better about supporting an individual rather than some LLC though, when the time comes to subscribe via Patreon. And it's packaged for installation on iOS, Android, and desktops, as it's a browser-based tool. If you decide to join their Discord server, give a wave to Grog. 👍
 
Back
Top