Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 10th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I'm trying to add the Ascetic Hunter feat from Complete Adventurer, which allows you to add your ranger levels to the monk's hieghtened unarmed strike damage. I found the example in the help files, but there was one line I didn't understand.

levels = root.field[cTotalLev].value

So I modified it like this

Phase: Levels Priority: 999999
~ Make sure this is done as one of the last things in the "Level" phase, before the "PostLevel" scripts run - we need to set the "xExtraLev" field before then.

~ Get our total number of levels from the Ranger class and add it to our monk levels for Unarmed Strike damage
var levels as number
levels = #levelcount[Ranger]
hero.child[cMnkUnarm].field[xExtraLev].value += levels

But upon testing, it is not working, even after adding 7 levels or ranger, unarmed strike damage remains d6. Any help/explainations?
Lawful_g is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I am also having trouble checking for smite evil as a prereq for a related feat. Here is what I am trying, since I can't seem to do @valid = tagis[Hero.Smite]

var total as number
total = hero.childfound[cPalSmite1].field[hTotal].value
if (total >= 1)
then @valid = 1
endif

It gives me an "invalid use of reserved word in script" error message
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 10th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Nevermind the Smite evil prereq. I got it working with

if (picklives[cPalSmite1] <> 0) then
@valid = 1
endif
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old November 10th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g
I'm trying to add the Ascetic Hunter feat...
I don't know, but the code you have here seems to work for me... I have 4 levels of Monk, plus 6 levels of Ranger, and my damage is listed as 1d10. Without the feat, it's listed as 1d8.

All I did was copy/paste from your post, set for "Levels" and 999999.
huntercc is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old November 10th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks very much for this bit of code. I was able to use it for Ascetic Rogue and now my wife is happy.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 13th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Huh, yeah, it is working for me as well now. Maybe it was one of those that the Test Now button wasn't sufficient for, and I had to close the program and restart it for the effects to take. I've noticed a few things like that.

Anyway, there is one more part of the feat that I forgot until now. It allows the character to freely multiclass between Monk and Ranger, how would I code to allow this? Currently after taking my first level of ranger, monk becomes greyed out.
Lawful_g is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 13th, 2008, 10:15 AM
A related feat (Devoted Performer, the Paladin/bard crossover feat), allows Bards to be lawful, is there an eval script to make the validation error for alignment go away?
Lawful_g is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 13th, 2008, 10:28 AM
How are animal companions/special mounts/familiars being handled currently? Another hybrid feat, Devoted Tracker, allows a paladin's special mount to also be his animal companion, and receive the benefits of both. Any way to handle this at the moment?
Lawful_g is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 13th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Noticed an error in the Help files. In the section about making a class ability X levels higher, the ID for Bardic Music is listed as "cBrdMusic" but it is actually "hBrdMusic" in my copy of Hero Lab.
Lawful_g is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 13th, 2008, 10:48 AM
For your monk question, I looked at the tags for the monk class helper (cHelpMnk, specifically). It has the tag Helper.NoMultiAdv, and after another class is added, it also has the tag Helper.NoMoreCls. I'd say deleting one or both of those should remove the restriction, although you'll have to work a bit on the timing.

For your bard question, the cBard class item has the tag AlgnForbid.Lawful, you may be able to delete that.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote