Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Azgulor

Old March 9th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Ok, folks, sorry to be dense about this but after searching the forums and looking at the license management site, I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do.

I just purchased a new PC. I've got a secondary Hero Lab license on my kid's laptop. I'm looking to migrate my primary license to my new PC. Is this the right way to approach this and if so, how do I do it? Is there a downside to this approach?

If transferring/migrating is too much of a pain-in-the-rear, is there a downside to purchasing an additional secondary license for the new PC?

Oh, and I'll get to do this for RealmWorks, too...
Azgulor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 10th, 2015, 12:26 AM
You can just install the license on your new machine and it should work, assuming you haven't transferred it recently in the past. (If you have transferred it recently, just e-mail support and they will enable it for you).

RW doesn't have a license locked to the machine, it is the RW account which is tied to the license.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Azgulor

Old March 10th, 2015, 04:27 AM
Great! Thanks.
Azgulor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Eneroth

Old March 18th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Thanks I was looking for this as well, got a new PC for a secondary license and needed to know what to do as well.
Eneroth is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 18th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eneroth View Post
Thanks I was looking for this as well, got a new PC for a secondary license and needed to know what to do as well.
Are you already using your secondary license number on another computer, and you want to move it to this new computer? If so, just enter that license as the license number to use on the new computer, and make sure you don't try to re-use Hero Lab on the old computer, or HL will think you're trying to move the license number back and forth. If it's been less than 120 days since you installed that license on the old computer, then you'll need to send a support request to get the waiting period waived.

If you haven't ever set up a computer using your secondary license, in the License menu, choose "Obtain Secondary License", and follow the instructions there. It will email you a new license number, which you can use to activate HL on the new laptop.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote