Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

GLBIV

Old September 16th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I've been trying to add some variant classes, but I've noticed the NotClassSk tag is wonky.

I'm having no trouble adding skills to the class skill lists of variant classes I make, but removing them is proving more difficult. Using the interface alone, some skills get the axe, as they should, but others remain.

I've done some reading on the forum, but I haven't had much luck with past eval script suggestions.

perform hero.delete[ClassSkill.kJump], for example is pulling up zilch.

Any thoughts?
GLBIV is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 17th, 2012, 05:38 AM
In the editor for Class Variant there's a spot for "Removed Class Skills" right under "Additional Class Skills". Have you tried this? In theory, you shouldn't need to use a script for the Class Variants. I haven't personally tried it as I haven't done any work with variant classes yet.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GLBIV

Old September 17th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Right, the "Removed Class Skills" option doesn't work.

For example, I've made a fighter variant that drops climb, handle animal, jump, ride and swim, then adds bluff, diplomacy, knowledge (nobility), knowledge (local) and sense motive.

The skills selected under "Additional Class Skills" work fine, but some of the skills I check under "Removed Class Skills" still show up as class skills on the portfolio.

I can only assume there's something wonky with the "Removed Class Skills" option timing, so it's deleting class skills first, then having them added later.

I thought there might be an eval script I could just add to the variant class datafile to fix the issue.
GLBIV is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 17th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Hmmm...Yes, there does seem to be a problem. I can't find an easy work-around. The only field I've found so far that might be of interest is the kClass field inside the skill. I can't seem to access it yet, though. I'll keep working on it, and let you know if I come up with anything.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
GLBIV

Old September 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Brilliant, thanks.
GLBIV is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old September 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I've found that when you make a variant class, some options (that you are assumed to have replaced with your own version of them) don't remove the previous versions. Skills seems to be one of those. I'll mess around with this when I have time and see what I can come up with for you.
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
GLBIV

Old September 18th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Great, thanks. Obviously, it's easy to just copy the base class and change what I want, but that leads to a cluttered class list — which I'm already trying to clean up.
GLBIV is offline   #7 Reply With Quote