Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jflevesque

Old February 17th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Hey guys,

Just updated to .233 and had previously issues with imports. Now I know that I have some duplicate snippet types because of the changes to the structures that were done lately. For example, I have these 3 errors in my main realm:

Category 'Individual': Snippet Type 'Alignment'
Category 'Entity': Snippet Type 'Alignment'
Category 'Entity': Snippet Type 'Clerical Domain'

Now, I've gone to the Manage Categories menu, clicked on my Entity category and see Alignment and Clerical Domain snippets in double. I can't seem to be able to delete any of them. I've just tried to duplicate the category to clean it up and move my topics between them to fix everything up, but that crashed Realm Works, so that's a bummer.

How am I supposed to fix the duplicate snippet type issue if I can't delete the duplicate snippet type?
jflevesque is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jflevesque

Old February 17th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Also, it seems my category has the protection removed. Is there a way to restore the protection? I've also just tried to rename the 2 duplicate snippet types (that worked), but I can't delete them???
jflevesque is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jflevesque

Old February 17th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Doing some testing, it seems that simply importing a file can remove protections from the core categories, which I find harsh if there is no way to restore that protection.
jflevesque is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jflevesque

Old February 17th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Wow, even using "Preserve the conflicting parts of my current structure, only adding newly introduced structure" will remove the protection on the core categories. What I find the most surprising about it is that the category is unchanged from the protected category...
jflevesque is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 17th, 2017, 07:34 PM
You should be able to change the names of the snippets to remove the duplicate conditions.

You cannot remove the snippet altogether while it is being used on a Topic.

If your problems are in Custom Categories (and not due to changes you made to the standard ones), then this may work for you:
  1. Create a copy of the problem Category.
  2. Change the view to that new Category (the old one remains "active" for view/edit)
  3. Remove the snippets you don't want to have anymore.
  4. On the ORIGINAL Category's tools menu (wrench and hammer icon to the right of the name in the navigation list) .. select "Move all Topics to Category" and pick the copy Category
  5. The removed snippets will be imported into a new section "Migrated". You can just delete the section to get rid of them, after making sure any values are set in the snippet that you decided to keep.
  6. Once you have fixed up all of the Topics, you can delete the original Category and re-name the Copy version to remove the word "Copy".
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jflevesque

Old February 17th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Hi Silveras,

Thank you for your answer. For point 6, won't that leave me with a custom Entity category instead of having the default category? Won't that mean that if I export my content, any user that imports my content into his/her realm will then have the Entity category in duplicate?
jflevesque is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 17th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Well, that's why I said if the problem is in a custom category.

If it is a standard category that you've modified, then the steps are similar, but a little different.
  1. Create a copy of the problem Category.
  2. On the ORIGINAL Category's tools menu (wrench and hammer icon to the right of the name in the navigation list) .. select "Move all Topics to Category" and pick the copy Category
  3. Remove the snippets you don't want to have anymore from the original Category.
  4. On the tools menu for the new Category, again choose "Move all Topics to Category", and this time select now-fixed original Category.
  5. The removed snippets will be imported into a new section "Migrated". You can just delete the section to get rid of them, after making sure any values are set in the snippet that you decided to keep.
  6. Delete the "Copy" version of the Category.

For an "abundance of caution", you may want to practice in a new Realm that you don't need for much other than messing around and trying things.

Last edited by Silveras; February 17th, 2017 at 10:06 PM.
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Barwickian

Old February 19th, 2017, 04:33 PM
In my case, Silveras' method didn't work, as trying to create a duplicate of the problem category resulted in a a crash.

However, I found a workaround using this method: instead of creating a duplicate category, I created a new one called "Temp". I was able to move all the topics over to that, delete the offending duplicate tag in the now empty original, then move all the topics back.

Thanks, Silveras - I'd been going through topic by topic trying (and failing) to resolve the conflict and still couldn't delete the duplicate tag in the category.
Barwickian is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jflevesque

Old February 19th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Hi Barwickian,

Silveras solution can work. In my case, I had Alignment twice in my category that I couldn't delete. Renaming one to Alignment2 works. From there, duplicate the category, delete the #2, move all topics to the copy. Then you can delete the Alignment2 from the original and then move back everything to the original.
jflevesque is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2017, 05:49 PM
The removal of protection without asking during import is a major error on our part. We're working to get that behavior resolved and corrected quickly.

Thanks to @Silveras for providing instructions on how to get this issue worked through!
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote