Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Grey Mage

Old January 28th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Installed the latest version of the d20 files and picked up duplicate errors for every spell in Custom - Core Spell.user.
Removed it (by changing file name extension from .user to .user.org).

Now it is throwing a
Thing Extension 'spDetEvil1' thing 'spDetEvil1' not defined

It is not showing me where that Thing Extension is being defined.

Any thoughts?

Found it...

No Detect Evil defined.

Probable bug...

But... I cannot tell what file the Custom - Core Spells.user file is being duplicated against to fix it there.

Last edited by Grey Mage; January 28th, 2017 at 03:06 PM.
Grey Mage is offline   #601 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 28th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
Installed the latest version of the d20 files and picked up duplicate errors for every spell in Custom - Core Spell.user.
Removed it (by changing file name extension from .user to .user.org).

Now it is throwing a
Thing Extension 'spDetEvil1' thing 'spDetEvil1' not defined

It is not showing me where that Thing Extension is being defined.

Any thoughts?

Found it...

No Detect Evil defined.

Probable bug...

But... I cannot tell what file the Custom - Core Spells.user file is being duplicated against to fix it there.
This sounds like you have not picked up the most recent community set release. In the latest version, this file is empty.
Sendric is offline   #602 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old January 28th, 2017, 05:24 PM
I will check that...
Grey Mage is offline   #603 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old February 1st, 2017, 11:34 AM
spDetEvil1 is supposed to be spDetEvi1. No L in it. Something is tagged wrong, somewhere. If you can find where it is trying to reference spDetEvil1, just delete the L and try again.
Illyahr is offline   #604 Reply With Quote
Dark_Soul

Old February 2nd, 2017, 09:54 AM
The Warlock class' Detect Magic at-will ability shows up on the Background tab with the racial abilities.
Dark_Soul is offline   #605 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 2nd, 2017, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
The Warlock class' Detect Magic at-will ability shows up on the Background tab with the racial abilities.
Ok, thanks. I'll check it out.
Sendric is offline   #606 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 2nd, 2017, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokowi View Post
Arachnid Rod: Price should be 12000 Drow of the Underdark.user

Drow Spell Like Abilities from Unearthed Arcana won't appear in tracked resources (even when this option is checked in the user file).

Thanks!
Thanks! almost missed this.
Sendric is offline   #607 Reply With Quote
spyker_katarn

Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:23 AM
There seems to be a couple bugs in the Dungeonscape pack for the Factotum's Arcane Dilettante class feature.

1) It looks like the spell levels are set incorrectly, but I can't figure out where to make the appropriate adjustment. If someone can point me to where these are set, I can adjust them for now on my own pack until an official change is made.

2) Only the first of the series is classified as a spell-like ability. I fixed this in my own (found the section), but figured someone would want to know if they're fixing it. *Note: the ability looks like it's in both Class Special and Custom Ability - which should be adjusted?

If anyone can at least point me in the right direction, I'd be happy to make the changes and provide a link to an updated copy once done. I just don't know enough about the editor to make the changes.

For reference, a screenshot of the factotum's table from my e-book copy of Dungeonscape: https://gyazo.com/ca804cddbacf3f0f7ff7cb0fba5158ae
spyker_katarn is offline   #608 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 23rd, 2017, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker_katarn View Post
There seems to be a couple bugs in the Dungeonscape pack for the Factotum's Arcane Dilettante class feature.

1) It looks like the spell levels are set incorrectly, but I can't figure out where to make the appropriate adjustment. If someone can point me to where these are set, I can adjust them for now on my own pack until an official change is made.
Can you be more specific about this issue? I will get it fixed, but more details would be helpful so I can actually know what I'm fixing.

Quote:
2) Only the first of the series is classified as a spell-like ability. I fixed this in my own (found the section), but figured someone would want to know if they're fixing it. *Note: the ability looks like it's in both Class Special and Custom Ability - which should be adjusted?
I don't understand what you mean by this report. Can you clarify?

Quote:
If anyone can at least point me in the right direction, I'd be happy to make the changes and provide a link to an updated copy once done. I just don't know enough about the editor to make the changes.

For reference, a screenshot of the factotum's table from my e-book copy of Dungeonscape: https://gyazo.com/ca804cddbacf3f0f7ff7cb0fba5158ae
Happy to point you in the right direction, but I'll need a little more detail before I can figure out what actually needs to be done.
Sendric is offline   #609 Reply With Quote
spyker_katarn

Old February 23rd, 2017, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Can you be more specific about this issue? I will get it fixed, but more details would be helpful so I can actually know what I'm fixing.

I don't understand what you mean by this report. Can you clarify?

Happy to point you in the right direction, but I'll need a little more detail before I can figure out what actually needs to be done.

Hi Sendric, thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm not sure how much you know about the Factotum class, but it's designed to be the ultimate jack-of-all-trades/skillmonkey/niche filler in a party. It won't be as tanky as a fighter, but not as squishy as a true wizard, not as sneaky as the rogue, but still better than most other classes at stealth, etc.. In keeping with its niche, it has abilities that further the whole "knowledge for the sake of knowledge" bit it's got going on.

In that vein, one of the class features it has is called Arcane Dilettante. At 2nd level, the factotum gets the ability to cast a spell from either the Wizard or Sorcerer lists as a spell-like ability by spending an inspiration point (inspiration to a factotum is like ki for a monk; spending points lets them do things). Factotums get additional spells at 4, 7, 9, 12, 14, 17, and 20. This is all fine and looks to be implemented properly.

----
Note: the spell lists factotums have access to do not include spells with XP costs, and the same spell cannot be prepared twice.
----

I was trying to edit my wife's character sheet to get her new spells (as we just hit level 4, so she gets a second spell slot), but found that the current set would only let her select 0-level spells (e.g. acid splash, amanuensis, etc.). At 4th level, according to the table I screenshotted in my other post, she should have access to 1st-level spells (technically, she should have access at level 3, but still only one spell at a time). If I level her up to 7th level (where she gets a third spell), the 1st level spells appear in the list, but at that point she should be able to add 2nd-level spells (since the table shows 2nd level spells as being available for the factotum at level 5).

The bug, then, appears to be that the spell levels appear later than they should be. At 3rd-4th level, I should be able to select from the spell dropdown anything of 0th and 1st level spells, at 5th-7th level I should be able to select from 0th, 1st, and 2nd, etc.

----
A side note: it appears that the spells are doubled in the dropdown when they appear in both lists (e.g. Acid Splash is listed twice, Amanuensis is listed twice, etc., but Cleaning is listed only once). I assume this is just a side effect of the lists, so it's not a big deal. It just makes it longer to scroll through.
----

Additionally, while poking through the data file to see if I could figure out where to change this, I found that the upgrades to Arcane Dilettante are not marked as spell-like abilities. The first of the line in the Class Special section (cArcDill1) is, but the later ones (cArcDill2, cArcDill3, etc.) are not, when they should. It looks as though it would be as simple as checking the box for SLA in the Ability Classification field of the editor, but then I noticed that there are cArcDil entries in the Custom Ability section (not cArcDill--note the two L's in the Class Special section vs. one L in Custom Ability). I became unsure of which needed adjustment in this case, if an adjustment is even needed. For what it's worth, cArcDil1 (one L) is not marked as an SLA by default at all, nor are the others in that line.

Does that help at all? Let me know if you need screenshots.
spyker_katarn is offline   #610 Reply With Quote