Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jschweitz

Old November 21st, 2011, 10:54 AM
Hi, I would like to request that there be a checkbox or something to "unlock" enforced unit sizes. We play warbands and it seems like the only change needed so that we can start using the 8th rules with AB. Thanks for the cool app!
jschweitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old November 28th, 2011, 04:57 AM
I've not ignored this, I have made a note to experiment here.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jschweitz

Old December 17th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Since the posting I've managed to stumble around ABCreator enough to change the "min" setting across the board on the Skaven datafile to allow for the smaller unit sizes. It works like a charm, except in the case of Rat Ogres. Somewhere along the line, changing the min to 1 makes AB forget to add a Packmaster and I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix that (changing the min to 2 just gives 2 ogres PLUS a packmaster). If anyone could offer help there I would really appreciate it
jschweitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old December 17th, 2011, 11:42 PM
The Min settings are correct for the army books. Yes, you can change them to your own preference, but its not something I would do as that would make files incorrect. The problem you are having with the Rat Ogres is because of a rule in the files setup for a Rat Ogre to Packmaster ratio. By changing the file, you break the rule. Again, this isn't something I'm going to change just for one user who doesn't want to follow rules, sorry.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jschweitz

Old December 20th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Yeah I wouldn't ask you to change that globally, but since the editor is there (for editing I assume?) I was just asking how to make that change to my local copy. I am playing by the warbands rules, its a Games Workshop optional rules set for smaller scale games and campaigns. If you can help me out to edit that rule and follow the warbands rules set by GW, thanks!
jschweitz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old December 20th, 2011, 02:12 PM
OK, I will get back to you on this. Busy week, so not sure when

UltraPrime is offline   #6 Reply With Quote