Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

McTaff

Old February 18th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff View Post
Just a few proofreading-style corrections for you...

1st: Vamp Lord, in his little box below the Composition Summary is listed as a Magic Level 1 when no options are picked. When you select the Level 1 Wizard option (for zero points) he becomes Magic Level 2 in that readout above. When you select level 2, he stays level 2. However, within the TEXT of that box, it does accurately reflect the level as it should appear, and also on his actual profile.

2nd: A few spelling errors within the Vampiric Powers descriptions - "Opponent" is written as "opponant" in a couple of items. Also appears in Mortis Engine description for Blasphemous Tome.

3rd: Coven Throne says "reroll to Hit and Two Wound..." instead of To Wound.

4th: Krell has a little "x" next to his name. Should that be flagging there?

5th: Heinrich Kemmler's Cloak of Mists and Shadows would possibly be better described as "Grants either the Fly or Ethereal special rule each turn."

6th: Coven Throne description has the word "occypy" instead of "occupy". Battle Of Wills description has the word "itsels" instead of "itself".

7th: The Newly Dead description has italics markup tags around "Invocation Of Nehek".

8th: The Dark Acolyte Vampiric Power has the word "ads" instead of "adds".

9th: When the Ironcurse Icon and The Cursed Book are selected, the error message "xxx: Too Many Enchanted Items" is flagged.

Lastly: Chaos Tomb Blade probably should state that it creates Skeletons OR Grave Guard in the description text; the mouse-over description does say this, but it would be better to clarify if possible in the basic text.

With regard to the 9th point: It appears the problem may be that The Cursed Book is listed as an Arcane Item but may be flagged incorrectly as an Enchanted Item. (The problem occurs with any Enchanted item in the list, not just the Ironcurse Icon!)

Cheers!
McTaff is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Guchi

Old February 20th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Silent25 can you delete the warhammer game system completely and redownload it, you seem you be the only person with this error, so it makes sense to just try that first. if you have already tried that, completely removing army builder and re-installing at from scratch may help, bit severe but worth a try.

yajnaji These bug were fixed on a late day one fix. Could be you got the earlier one. re-update the files and see if that helps.

Everything else I can validate, the only awkward list breaker is the Forbidden lore which makes it impossible to make list with those lores selected.

If Ultraprimes happy with it, i'll pop out a mini-update on the forums again possibly tommorow.

I'm basically using bugs on this file to learn ABcreator so later I can do my own stuff.
Could be Ultraprimes already fixed this stuff, in which case I'll leave it be.
Guchi is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old February 20th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I haven't got round the addressing these yet. I'm attempting to learn how to do things more efficiently, so I've been trying to create a file from scratch (not warhammer, LotR if you are interested) in order the better familiarise myself with ABC.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Vreith

Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Hey Prime, thanks for all your effort!

Just a few things ive noticed, some have already been stated, the ones that aren't:

Heinrich Kemmler is LD9 not 8, this also produces a error when choosing Krell for your army, as it tells you it wants Krell as your general for Highest LD, but the army book trumps that because it needs to be a wizard, which Heinrich Kemmler is.

Also can you add to the list is "invalid" parameters (or what ever there called) that if you select general, but if it is not a wizard, not the highest leadership, and has not selected lore of the vampires it becomes a invalid choice?

Blood knights can not take any other magic banner bar the blood keep, remove the option for him to take another in there options?

Skeletal steeds need to not lose movement to barding, the new rule is, unless non ethereal movement things join them (such as nightmares) they get ethereal for movement purpose AND they have no barding penalties, I.e movement not reduced in the builder.

Is it possible to get al lthe special characters to have thier blood line powers added to there choices when building a army? currently only Konrad shows out of them (red fury)

the -1 LD aura of dark majesty is not stackable with the same of it's type, may want to add that, but i guess the list writer should know anyway

Forbidden lore doesn't turn up all the other lore's (except life) atm, but this one has already been stated.

can't think of any more atm, but ile post if i do!
Vreith is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:35 PM
I shall get round to this shortly, but I should point out that the Ld issue is a printing error. Check the main rules, army list, and summary - 2 times out of 3 I am correct

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
karrel

Send a message via MSN to karrel

Old February 25th, 2012, 06:53 PM
the necros as hero in the vampire counts are getting a 15 point discount for taking the lore of vampires (-15 points from total of army).
karrel is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old February 26th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrel View Post
the necros as hero in the vampire counts are getting a 15 point discount for taking the lore of vampires (-15 points from total of army).
Wheee! Should leave this one in
McTaff is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
quietus

Old February 26th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vreith View Post
Blood knights can not take any other magic banner bar the blood keep, remove the option for him to take another in there options?
Yes they can take a other magic banner.
quietus is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
kopidi

Old February 26th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Zombie Dragon Has his stats wrong according to the book

M WS BS S T W I A LD
Book--> 6 4 0 6 6 6 2 5 4
AB --> 6 6 0 6 5 5 2 5 4
kopidi is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
GREEPA

Old February 27th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Hi

I downloaded the 2.40 update a little while ago and have not used the programme until today I now get the message

File: vampirecounts.dat (line 805) - Unrecognized attribute 'equipment' in element 'link'

and I cannot open any files in the fantasy 8th edition system

Some help would be much appreciated

Thanks
GREEPA is offline   #50 Reply With Quote