Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

kenofyork

Old January 28th, 2011, 04:47 AM
For reasons of play balance I am going to go back to using Ravening Hordes list from the little booklet that came out when 6th edition was released. I know I used to have a data file for it but now it seems I have updated all my files and it no longer appears. Does anyone have that file? Is there anyway I can somehow go back to having it as an option for building armies?

Thanks in advance,

Ken
kenofyork is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old January 28th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenofyork View Post
For reasons of play balance I am going to go back to using Ravening Hordes list from the little booklet that came out when 6th edition was released. I know I used to have a data file for it but now it seems I have updated all my files and it no longer appears. Does anyone have that file? Is there anyway I can somehow go back to having it as an option for building armies?

Thanks in advance,

Ken
by ravening hordes do you mean legendary battles?
gkgnight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old January 28th, 2011, 07:03 AM
No, Ravening Hordes was a small booklet that was included in the 6th (or maybe even 5th) edition box set that had the lists for all the armies playable at the time (including Chaos Dwarfs). It tried to include magic items for each army and special rules for troop types and was only meant to be a fill in until a new army book was released for each army.
Yobtar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kenofyork

Old January 28th, 2011, 07:08 AM
That is it- the little booklet with all the armies in one. I really liked the balance better back then and there was never the fog of war of not owning your opponents army book. Every player had access to all the same rules. I want to use this as a basis for a ladder league or campaign and also for a demo game I am running. I could write out the army lists, but I know there was a data file at one time for it. I just hope someone still has it.
kenofyork is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old January 28th, 2011, 07:09 AM
ahh, currently i don't think there is support for it any more. I laoded up teh data files for the previous versions of warhammer included 6th, 7th, adn 8th and checked the allowable rulesets for each and non of them included ravening hordes.

I'll check adn see if i can locate a warhammer 5th edition data file adn see if it was included in there.

Update:

I have found the old Armybuilder 5th edition files for fantasy. They are located here:

http://www.datafilecentral.com/ab/warhammer_v2.ab

The only downside is this: It is only compatable with Armbuilder versions 2.X and I was unable to get it to laod for versions 3.X However if you happen to ahve an old version of armybuilder available it should work fine.

Last edited by gkgnight; January 28th, 2011 at 07:16 AM.
gkgnight is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kenofyork

Old January 28th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I think what I need is the earliest version of the WFB6 data files. These would have had all of the Ravening Hordes data, which was gradually amended as army books came out. I am certain it existed at one time, and if my old PC had not died I might have still had a copy. I will see if I can drag it out of my old downloads. If I import an older file will it re-write over newer stuff or must I delete the newer stuff to get the old stuff to work?
kenofyork is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kenofyork

Old January 28th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Found them. Not sure whay I failed earlier, my google must have been lacking.
kenofyork is offline   #7 Reply With Quote