Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 7th, 2021, 10:43 PM
Going to reply to Alientude's post since it covers a number of things and I can organize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
I totally get that it's a better process, both for Lone Wolf and the user (since the bug report will be tracked through whatever system you use). I don't think that invalidates my impression, but again, this is just my opinion.
  • Updates to HLO are no longer posted on the forums.
Not saying your impression isn't valid, just trying to explain the "why" a little for the bug reporting. You concerns are pretty valid, I can't argue that. With HLO we have a more structured system for bug reports that lets us track them, same with release notes since those reach more users than just the subset who use the forums.
Quote:
  • LW staff used to be very active here, but recently, just about the only posts we see from them is the requests to use the in-app bug report feature.
A lot of times there's not much feedback we can give on bug reports, as they're things we'll have to investigate/fix, and it might not even be a data file team issue (who are the ones around here). There's been a couple times where I've had an explanation or some additional info, like with the question of "am I just missing how to add spellcasting to an NPC?", but really it depends on the post. I don't mind shedding some light if appropriate, or circling back with a "this is fixed" if it's something we've been able to address quickly, but it's all very issue-by-issue. We just have to make sure bugs are reported properly so we can get them sorted.

Quote:
  • There's a lot of posts from paying customers asking for updates to content, updates to features, or even begging for more ways to give LW money. These posts are seemingly ignored.
Believe me, we want to get you all as much content as we can. It's all juggling what we can do at any given time though with our staff, between content and improvements and features, both visible and internal, between all the systems. (If anyone is interested in being a contractor, feel free to contact us. More hands helps with content entry.) We can't really give good answers to specific "whens" for releases, and unfortunately our general update posts are made by powers higher than me that are extremely busy (e.g. Rob's schedule is insane). I'll see if I might be able to poke for another DF team update though.

Quote:
  • The recent issues with the forums being down. The first time they came back up, LW posted about it. Since then, the forums just kind of silently started working again and there was no acknowledgement of the downtime or anything.
Yeeeeeeah, I'm not really in the know about the specifics, but it's really frustrating to us as well, and there have been some roadblocks with the solutions.

Quote:
There's probably some other reasons that I can't remember right now. To be clear, I'm not accusing LW of any kind of malfeasance or anything. It just feels to me like these forums are no longer in favor and LW would rather people not use them.
I get you, no worries. I try to talk as much as I'm able, about things within my clearance to discuss lol. It's certainly not that the forums are out of favor or that we want people to stop using them, it's just certain channels for bug reports, and we pop in here around everything else we do. I generally try to at least check every day or two, but been slammed the last couple weeks trying to get all the Beginner Box stuff set up for PF2. I like talking to users though, so don't want to see the forums fade, but I'm really only able to say so much sometimes.
Daniel V is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old May 9th, 2021, 06:07 AM
Juggling I could understand, lack of AP content for a couple of years isn't juggling, IMHO. 3 years plus and still no sign of any starship functionality. And updates without release notes doesn't help keep the user up to date with what might have been changed or added. And this is the prolly only the second time that the forum issues has been mentioned. Personally, I could work around UI issues if there was supported content, but making things pretty doesn't address the underlying issue: content and functionality.
flyteach is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 9th, 2021, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
And updates without release notes doesn't help keep the user up to date with what might have been changed or added.
https://info.wolflair.com/xwiki/bin/...0Lab%20Online/
Daniel V is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old May 10th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Yup, but the build number changed last week and the toast message popped up that there was an update, either on 6 or 7 May, but no notes posted about it at the link you gave.
flyteach is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 11th, 2021, 12:52 AM
As I recall it was all internal engine stuff. Not all updates are forward-facing, some are just to get certain internal functions in place or performance improvements.
Daniel V is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Tohmaturge

Old May 11th, 2021, 06:12 AM
While I fully agree with @flyteach about the missing content, I want to thank @Daniel for taking the time to answer us in this thread. Thanks to @Mathias & @SteveT as well

LWD needs to keep in touch with its userbase and having someone from LWD comment in this forum is a good step forward

Last edited by Tohmaturge; May 11th, 2021 at 06:18 AM.
Tohmaturge is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old May 11th, 2021, 10:24 AM
Yea the community appears to be drying it appears the forums crashing a few times drives people away. Plus nothing new to talk about...
marroon69 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old May 11th, 2021, 01:48 PM
Daniel,
Thanks for recalling. However, we don't know that. We know something changed because the toast came up and the build changed. But how can we know it's internal?
flyteach is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old May 13th, 2021, 04:59 PM
Thanks so much for responding, Daniel.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old May 26th, 2021, 05:53 PM
Well, at least there is a little more activity here. What do you think about the PaizoCon promotion?
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #30 Reply With Quote