Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old February 15th, 2022, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRose View Post
It seems that the Quandrix Student background is providing the cantrip options for Lorehold. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?
I just doubled checked all the backgrounds and they're working fine for me. Are you picking Quandrix for the feat in the In-Play tab? If not, it defaults to Lorehold and its cantrips (just because that's first alphabetically). "Quandrix Initiate" will be highlighted red in the background screen and reporting an error that you don't have the right thing selected. Check that and let me know if it's still broken for you.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #961 Reply With Quote
ShadowRose

Old February 15th, 2022, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
I just doubled checked all the backgrounds and they're working fine for me. Are you picking Quandrix for the feat in the In-Play tab? If not, it defaults to Lorehold and its cantrips (just because that's first alphabetically). "Quandrix Initiate" will be highlighted red in the background screen and reporting an error that you don't have the right thing selected. Check that and let me know if it's still broken for you.
Ah, that was it. I thought I had checked everywhere for a selector but I did not look at the in-play tab, thank you.
ShadowRose is offline   #962 Reply With Quote
TKELL234

Old February 17th, 2022, 06:32 AM
I cant seem to get a new infusion to show up in the list for selecting known infusions for artificer. While not proficient at most of this stuff, my usual method of take an existing one and backwards engineering it doesnt seem to be working. Clearly im missing something, is there something besides "Special Ability Category -> Artificer Infusions" checked that tells it to add it to the list of possible known infusions? Any help is appreciated.
TKELL234 is offline   #963 Reply With Quote
TKELL234

Old February 17th, 2022, 07:06 AM
Disregard my previous attempt to post, I found out that I was reverse engineering an outdated version of the ability. While I generally dont have issues reverse engineering abilities by finding similar abilities, I find myself really confused here and out of my depth. Essentially, I am trying to replace the artificer infusions enhance armor and enhance weapon to keep in line with my campaign to maintain bounded accuracy as best as I can. I dont know scripts, its all plugging different things in until it works for me usually.

Im replacing the AC bump from defense with a damage reduction. I dont need it to change anything on the actual character but I cant seem to get it to be selectable when trying to apply them to a set of armor. The scripts left over from copying the regular enhance defense dont seem to be working to even apply the regular bonus.

The enhance weapon I wanted to go a different route by instead of applying a +1/+2 bonus to a weapon to increase its damage die by 1/2 sizes when selected. I realize that this can be achieved by applying adjustments for a more simple, practical execution. I am still running into the same issue of not being able to select the weapons in the applied infusions tab without applying +1 bonuses to them.

Any assistance is appreciated, if im just too far in over my head that I can make the artificer in my group (my wife) deal with these things out of HL, but Id like to know how its done if possible. (the wiki on github seems like learning mandarin to me)
TKELL234 is offline   #964 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 18th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKELL234 View Post
Disregard my previous attempt to post, I found out that I was reverse engineering an outdated version of the ability. While I generally dont have issues reverse engineering abilities by finding similar abilities, I find myself really confused here and out of my depth. Essentially, I am trying to replace the artificer infusions enhance armor and enhance weapon to keep in line with my campaign to maintain bounded accuracy as best as I can. I dont know scripts, its all plugging different things in until it works for me usually.

Im replacing the AC bump from defense with a damage reduction. I dont need it to change anything on the actual character but I cant seem to get it to be selectable when trying to apply them to a set of armor. The scripts left over from copying the regular enhance defense dont seem to be working to even apply the regular bonus.

The enhance weapon I wanted to go a different route by instead of applying a +1/+2 bonus to a weapon to increase its damage die by 1/2 sizes when selected. I realize that this can be achieved by applying adjustments for a more simple, practical execution. I am still running into the same issue of not being able to select the weapons in the applied infusions tab without applying +1 bonuses to them.

Any assistance is appreciated, if im just too far in over my head that I can make the artificer in my group (my wife) deal with these things out of HL, but Id like to know how its done if possible. (the wiki on github seems like learning mandarin to me)
Since this isn't actually about supporting the pack itself, you might want to make a new thread asking about this; I don't want to get into programming help for homebrew in this thread if possible. Do that and I'll try to assist.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #965 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 18th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Multiverse of Madness

To update y'all, I've got Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse feature complete. It'll be there, in all it's glory, in the next release, 3.5.

Items Progress

I'm currently working on some items, going roughly backwards in chronological release. Strixhaven is good to go. Fizban's is mosty good*. Witchlight is halfway done.

*Ah, Fizban's. So the items that are NOT done are the Hoard items. Each one has a minimum of three drop-downs needed: quirk, level (Slumbering through Ascendant), and damage type (of the dragon). Some, like the Dragon Vessel and Dragon-Touched Focus, need 4 drop downs. Three is ugly and pretty much impossible to make pretty; 4 is out of the question.

So I'm noodling some more complicated solutions. Right now, I'm thinking something along the lines of the Artifact Properties tab, where you can select your properties and link them back to the item that provided them. It's going to get uglier when you have more than 1 Hoard item on your character, but still properly functional. All of this is to say...I'm not sure I'm going to get the Hoard Items into the next release. I may swing back to them after I wrap up the Witchlight stuff.

The Next Next Release (3.6)

Looking forward, the next WotC release is Call of the Netherdeep, which is set in Exandria (Critical Role's setting). I realized that since we also don't have the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount (also set in Exandria) items and monsters programmed yet, this is probably the right time to tackle them. So I'm setting my sights on completing all 1st-party Exandria content in the patch after next. As usual, there will likely be some extra stuff from other sources, new adjustments, quality of life improvements, etc., but that's where the focus will be.

Fenris447 is offline   #966 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old February 18th, 2022, 02:11 PM
I'd offer to help but I lack the need resources (the source material lol)
asvaldson is offline   #967 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 21st, 2022, 06:56 PM
So...I got the Hoard Items done. If you want a full preview of the next update, which I may push soon, go ahead and check out the pending changes notes.

Some highlights:

MAJOR STUFF
  • Monsters of the Multiverse - The big one. Revised copies of almost everything in Volo's Guide and Mordy's Tome. They won't replace those existing versions, but I dare say they're snazzier. Slick new versions of all those playable races. Wild Shapes for every eligible beast.
  • Items - All the items from Fizban's, Strixhaven, and Witchlight are in. Plus a few items from MotM that were mentioned in monster descriptions, just in case you come across them in your adventures!

MINOR FUN GOODIES
  • Lycanthropy Adjustments - Get bit by a wererat and feeling the urge to scurry? Run into a wereraven in Strahd's realm and feeling flighty? Got entangled with a werebat in the Mad Mage's dungeon and now you can see sound? Well we have the adjustments for you!
  • Custom Companions - Did your ranger tame a displacer beast but Hero Lab won't let you pick a monstrosity as your companion? Did your DM go insane and let you get a beholder as your familiar? There's an adjustment for that, too!
  • Custom Mount - Are you a halfling riding with your buddy on the back of a bearded treant? Now you can select virtually anything as a mount with the Custom Mount option in the hirelings menu.

THE FIXES
  • Thanks to user Dragon5e, a ton of AC-modifying abilities now stack (or don't stack) the way they were always meant to.
  • The massive 2021 Errata has been applied across the board.
  • More of Fenris's dumb mistakes that you never caught (just pretend you didn't see them) have been erased from history.

Last edited by Fenris447; February 21st, 2022 at 07:14 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #968 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 24th, 2022, 02:39 PM
Release 3.5 is live!

V3.5 - Behold, My (Multiversal) Stuff! - February 24, 2022

MAJOR ADDITIONS
  • Fizban's Treasury of Dragons - Added all items. Hoard magic items get their own tab to pick their features, and will dynamically update based on their power level and what is selected.
  • Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse
    • Items - All added. This includes the Flail Snail Shell, Annis Hags' Iron Tokens, and the Alhoon's Periapt of Mind Trapping.
    • Monsters - All monsters added. They can be found in the Encounter Builder with "(Revised)" added to their name to differentiate them. Lair Actions and variants can all be added through the Variant Options section of the Race tab.
    • Races - All (revised) races added. Just select the new source for this book and the new versions will replace the old. Want to keep using the old? Just leave the source un-checked and they're still there!
    • Wild Shapes - Added for all the appropriate creatures to the Mounts & Hirelings menu of the Gear tab.
  • Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos - All items added.
  • The Wild Beyond the Witchlight - All items added. Items that came from Xanathar's have had this book added as an additional source.

MINOR ADDITIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, & CHANGES
  • General - Added a Custom Mount, selectable like other mounts in the Gear tab. Use it to select any non-Humanoid, Medium or larger creature as a mount.
  • Multiple - Dozens of 2021 and prior Errata updates. Significant ones are called out below.
  • Multiple - Added Domain Spell Lists for virtually every Cleric subclass.
  • Multiple - Fixes to a lot of AC calculations in Mage Armor, Magical tattoos, Dragon Masks, etc. Thanks to Dragon5e for all the research and work on these.
  • COS - Added Wereraven lycanthropy adjustment to apply it to a PC.
  • FToD - Added Wild Shape for the Giant Canary.
  • MaBJoV - Added Wild Shape for the Sword Spider.
  • MM - Adding Werewolf, Weretiger, Wererat, Wereboar, and Werebear lycanthropy adjustments to apply them to a PC.
  • MM - As a result of Errata updates, a handful of monsters have updated versions as "_____ (Revised)" in the Encounter Builder. The old versions are still in the code, but are superceded by their updated versions in most cases.
  • MM/PHB - Added "Other Familiar/Ranger Companion" adjustment. Adding this to the familiar/companion will allow you to select any monster, rather than the standard allowed creatures. Check with your DM first, of course.
  • SACoC - Added Wild Shape for the Relic Sloth.
  • SCAG - Per Errata, deprecated the Keen Senses variant option for the Half-Elf. You can always add Perception proficiency through Adjustments.
  • SKT - Errata updates led to the creation of revised versions of some monsters, as well as improvements to existing ones, like adding Maegara's Legendary Actions.
  • TWBtW - Added Wild Shapes for Honeybee, Giant Dragonfly, Giant Snail, and Giant Swan.
  • UA CFV - Added text that clarifies the available adjustments are UA, and instructions for finding the official versions from Tasha's.
  • UA Mystic - Added adjustment for Inertial Armor (just like the Mage Armor adjustment)
  • WDotMM - Added Werebat lycanthropy adjustment to apply it to a PC.
  • Homebrew - Added +1, +2, and +3 magical robes (under "Various Homebrew Options" source)

BUGS & CORRECTIONS
  • MtG - Removed the ZZZ #XX Monsters from the Encounter Builder. Sorry, these are placeholders from the process of adding new monsters that slipped into 3.4. That's embarassing.
  • PHB - Fixed several feats to grant their attribute bonuses more cleanly.
  • PHB - Fixed the Wild Shape adjustment to work properly when the creature chosen has no proficient skills.
  • SACoC - Added the missing darkvision to the Owlin.
  • SCAG - Fixed the Uthgardt Tribe Member background to properly offer 1 tool or musical instrument.

NEW KNOWN ISSUES
  • FToD - An Ascendant Scaled Ornament will grant its flight speed regardless of whether it is equipped or not.
  • See Known Issues page on the 5e Community Pack Github for previous known issues.

Last edited by Fenris447; February 24th, 2022 at 02:45 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #969 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old March 4th, 2022, 11:20 AM
Not sure if this is a bug, or I'm just missing something, but it seems that the skill selection from the Prodigy feat is pervasive. Once a skill is selected in the "Proficiencies" tab, the skill is on the character. It cannot be deleted in the proficiencies tab, and even if you delete the feat, the character still shows as being proficient with the skills that had been selected.

Is there some way around this, or do I need to go back and recreate the character?
Nightfox is offline   #970 Reply With Quote