Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Lord Magus

Old February 4th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie View Post
In Windows. Not in OS X. I'd also like to see this capability, or the ability to open more than one copy of Hero Lab.
In OS X, you can open multiple copies of HeroLab from the dock (right-clicking New Window actually opens up a new copy), but not from the program itself. I have been able to open three different copies, and access the editor in each, but I haven't pressed forward in my explorations, so be aware I have not thoroughly tested the stability of this.
Lord Magus is offline   #231
AndrewD2

Old February 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You can launch more than one copy of Hero Lab at a time, and have an editor open in each.
While I used to do this all the time in Win 7, Win 8 seems to not want to allow it.
AndrewD2 is offline   #232
Tekkmage

Old February 5th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Can we get the compile bug reporting to give more information like what file(s) are causing the issue?
Tekkmage is offline   #233
Tekkmage

Old February 5th, 2013, 07:00 PM
On the stock hero importer can there be an option so show all in alphabetical order or at least broken up by alphabet but not by source?
Tekkmage is offline   #234
Mister Shed

Old February 6th, 2013, 08:28 AM
I would like to see the option to add a Cohort (from the Leadership feat) that automatically adjusts it's XP as it is added by the main character and limits the cohort's maximum level as per the Leadership table. I know that I can already add a cohort from the "Other" tab as a hireling, I'd just like to see some of the extra bookkeeping that comes with it automated more.
Mister Shed is offline   #235
McTaff

Old February 8th, 2013, 05:39 AM
I have seen some great character sheet attempts, but one of the annoying bugbears is that Hero Lab outputs everything as one giant column with some page breaks, and spans pages when it feels like. I am in a PnP group.

The end result is a rather scrappy-looking character sheet where it can be hard to refer to: feats, traits, abilities and the like spread across columns and pages with breaks to insert information.... the whole thing is a disaster when you need a quick reference document.

I would suggest having a new layout with specific sections that will not allow insertions by other sections, and selectable "page breaks". I have a tendency to alternately use AncientOne's sheet for some characters and the standard one, printing out multiple copies and literally cutting them up with scissors and taping sections together.

There are two options: Create a few different templates with some PnP user feedback, or have it output as a Microsoft Word document without any crazy formatting so that we can copy/paste and edit it before printing it out.
McTaff is offline   #236
Steev42

Old February 9th, 2013, 01:44 PM
This may have been suggested before, but there are two things that I've found a pain (read, practically impossible) with the editor.

First, favored class options are impossible for classes and/or races that aren't also in the same .user file. Makes it hard for a third party company to release favored class options for (say) elven fighters.

Secondly, domains/subdomains that have spells from outside the .user file can't be done.

My suggestion is to take a page from relational databases. In such a database, the spell would be one table, the domain a second, a third would connect the two. Similarly with the favored class options--one table would be class, a second race, and a third for the options.

So, basically...a way to add these options for items that weren't created by the user that doesn't require copying and overwriting existing items.
Steev42 is offline   #237
JolarEQ

Old February 9th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Not sure if I'm just missing something, or if there isn't a way to do it, so I ask here!

I'm wondering if there is a way to see what damage a spell would do, taking all effects into account (caster level, feats, etc.) and actually output what the damage would be. As it is, the spell may say something like, "1d6 per two caster levels" but is there somewhere that shows what that comes out to, based on the different things that the character has going on?

Thanks!
JolarEQ is offline   #238
Nikmal

Old February 9th, 2013, 10:10 PM
I don't think there is but it would be awesome if there would be!!!
Nikmal is offline   #239
zentri

Old February 10th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I agree. That would be really nice to have readily visible at all times. Maybe an extra tab could be made that totals up all the bonuses/levels/feats/etc... that displays the total damage.

Might be worth stopping by the suggestion box and dropping a little note in. I can't imagine it would be real easy to setup with all the modifications and changes that can occur... but if Lone Wolf doesn't know people want it how would they know to add it?
zentri is offline   #240
Closed Thread