Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mirtos

Old April 11th, 2013, 06:02 PM
in my opinion the key to this is determining whats the best way to show the data, is it making a user click, or scroll? im of the scroll camp. i think on an ipad app, scrolling is perfectly reasonable, and expected to get to the portion of the sheet we want, but clicking, on the other hand isnt.
mirtos is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old April 12th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Coloring really seems to be a good idea, but timing in my opinion is not. Almost always the pizza service arrives in the middle of a heated battle
wurzel is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Eru the One

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:25 AM
I played my level 10 cleric in a PFS module (tier 7-11) last night only using my iPad app. I'm very pleased with how the app functioned, swapping spells, etc. Great job guys, keep it coming!
Eru the One is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old April 12th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Oh I like this idea. Colors don't take up room and would be easy to spot. I am not sure I like red as that is too associated with errors. Maybe a nice blue or green.
How about a nice green for positive change, red for negative, blue for both? Maybe a highlight or brighter color for a few seconds when you first apply the condition so you can scan quickly to see what is affected, then fades to the above red/green/blue?

Although i see what you mean for red = error, so maybe orange or something...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old April 13th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
This is actually the way we modeled things for Shadowrun - the weapon equipped state really means "show me the stats for the weapon in this state", not "the weapon is actually equipped in this state".

Would you always want *all* of your weapons displayed, even a random dagger you just picked up? Or would you want many displayed but some hidden? Bear in mind that the list of weapons on the main sheet also shows any equipped armor and other items, so having a long list of weapons at the top makes the other items much less accessible.
It would be perfect if

1. the overall area was constrained/scrollable, so there's no "long list penalty"
2. we could drag and drop to order-rank our weapons. I'd personally rank them favorite melee, favorite missile, favorite alternate melee, favorite one-hander for use in grapples, etc. Some of the problem is that right now the random picked up dagger is listed above our awesome artifact sword.

(now- there is a problem that many weapons, especially magical ones, do something to your character when wielded - that might be hard to model with "all equipped.")
mxyzplk is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old April 13th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Had the first gaming session using the iPad today, went very well. Only one thing did I really miss: damage rolling for spells. My monsters bombarded the players with nasty magic, and I had to switch between the tablet and the real dice continuously.
wurzel is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old April 14th, 2013, 09:22 AM
My first play session is tomorrow night.

I don't think I'll use the die roller, my group wouldn't approve yet - I think.
I'm eager to really test it out.
Globetrotter is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 14th, 2013, 07:09 PM
personally, i LIKE rolling dice. i only use dice rollers when there is no other option. I like it for being a character sheet, not so much managing dice.
mirtos is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 15th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
personally, i LIKE rolling dice. i only use dice rollers when there is no other option. I like it for being a character sheet, not so much managing dice.
I have to admit, this is me as well. I like rolling physical dice! Even if we made an app that had the world's best dice roller, I probably wouldn't use it, as I like rolling my dice too much.
Colen is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old April 15th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
I agree with you. Loosing total connection means I am one step away from virtual tabletop games. I like the social interaction, so the dice will stay.

The die roller is nice when I am reviewing character builds and seeing what it really does. I could do the average math, but it's fun to have the die roller simulate what is going on.

On another note, it looks like I am not playing tonight, so I can't test out the sheet... very bummed.
Globetrotter is offline   #40 Reply With Quote