Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old July 22nd, 2017, 09:42 PM
HL tracks the wealth you are carrying, but it doesn't seem to track how many of each coin type, not can you specify which pouch the coins are in. I find this odd. If I want to track the number of each coin type a character has and where the coins are stored, is that possible?

I'm currently editing and NPC, if that makes a difference.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old July 23rd, 2017, 04:09 AM
When you have the Journal tab turned on, you can see the coins listed by type on it.

As far as splitting up the wealth into individual pouches - I haven't seen a way to do that.

There are differences to how PCs and NPCs are rendered to print - if you output the statblock on a PC, it shows all the coins. If you do it on NPCs, you don't get anything from the Gear tab.

Might be worth putting tickets into LW to allow NPC gear to show on printing and allowing wealth to split into multiple containers.

One workaround I've used is to add custom valuables with names like "100 gold coins" with the proper weight and value. That way I can move the valuables into containers as needed and the overall wealth value stays accurate.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old July 24th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Ah, I had to go into "Configure Hero" (Ctrl+K) and select the option to "always show the journal tab."

I'm not concerned with printing as I embed the HL portfolio for the NPCs in RealmWorks and run my games from RW.

Thanks for responding!

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote