Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

stuartwaring

Old September 28th, 2015, 09:11 PM
This one is way more complex, and I have not even begun to figure this out but here we go.

Rite published a document called "10 Oracle Magic Items", which we bought a copy of (it is not available at all through hero lab).

One of the items is call the Harbingers Hood and below is the important infor:

"For the purposes of determining the effects of her oracle's curse class feature her level is considered +1 higher for every 2 oracle levels she possesses (maximum 5) In addition the item adds one spell from the oracle spell list (chosen at the time of item creation) to her known spell list. The oracle must still have the appropriate spell level slot available in order to cast this."

The oracle has the Haunted curse:

Malevolent spirits follow you wherever you go, causing minor mishaps and strange occurrences (such as unexpected breezes, small objects moving on their own, and faint noises).

Effect

Retrieving any stored item from your gear requires a standard action, unless it would normally take longer. Any item you drop lands 10 feet away from you in a random direction. Add mage hand and ghost sound to your list of spells known.

At 5th level, add levitate and minor image to your list of spells known.

At 10th level, add telekinesis to your list of spells known.

At 15th level, add reverse gravity to your list of spells known.

The way i interpret this is that with the Harbingers Hood she should gain access to Reverse Gravity at level 10 (because of the +1/2 thing).

I have no idea how to write this part of the script. The adding a spell is no problem, but how do i increase the effective Oracle level just for the curse?

I had thought of something like += [xAllLev].value + [xAllLev].value/2, but honestly have no idea where to put that script.

All the conditions for spell levels are already bootstrapped to the Haunted class feature, so no idea how to affect them only.

Thanks for any thoughts!
stuartwaring is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old September 28th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Check out the fields on the abilities, there is something like cExtraLev that you'll add your bonus to

so set abValue to Minimum(round(#levelcount[Oracle]/2,0,-1), 5) add that the extra level field, I think that's what it is, but it's been a while and I don't have the program open right now.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old September 30th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Thank you Andrew,

I found that and added this script:
~check if item is equiped
if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then

~calculate half the Oracle levels
var hlflvl as number
hlflvl += round (#levelcount[Oracle] /2, 0, -1)

~set xExtraLevel to the be never more than 20
hero.child[cOraHaunte].field[xExtraLev].value = minimum(hlflvl , 20)

endif

This adds 13 to xExtraLev, not the expected 6.

However, this may all be moot as the Haunted ability has its spells bootstrapped and the use this condition:

count:Classes.Oracle + count:Classes.RageProph + (count:Classes.? - count:Classes.Oracle - count:Classes.RageProph)/2 >= 15

Which means that adding in those extra levels is pointless unless I recreate from scratch the ability (it is non-copyable!)

Any ideas on where to next, or even out of academic curiosity why it is returning 13 not 6?
stuartwaring is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old September 30th, 2015, 06:42 PM
I used a bootstrap to add on the spell, but is there any way to do it using a script?

Ideally, using SpellType.cHelpOra in the Custom Expression part of Item selection, so the spell gets fed into the field usrCandid1.

But i find it hard to then add that spell to the known list, as there is no way to select usrCandid1 as the Thing for your bootstrap.

Again, all ideas appreciated!
stuartwaring is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old October 3rd, 2015, 02:42 PM
Im also struggling to understand the logic of the bootstrap logic:

count:Classes.Oracle + count:Classes.RageProph + (count:Classes.? - count:Classes.Oracle - count:Classes.RageProph)/2 >= 15

what is the count:Classes.? and why is half of it being added to the number of oracle/rage prophet class levels?
stuartwaring is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old October 3rd, 2015, 03:25 PM
count:Classes.? means to count all class levels, it then subracts Oracle and Rage Prophet levels and divides it by 2, so my guess is Oracle levels + Rage Prophet levels + half all other levels is the trigger for the ability.
AndrewD2 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old October 3rd, 2015, 05:29 PM
thats what i figured in terms of the code, but what lacked was my ability to read the rules for the curse, which suprise suprise says orcle level + half all other levels.

Thanks for the clarification.

Im still working on the adding 5 effective levels - i found the robe of arcane heritage (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/...rcane-heritage) that has a similar effect (though it adds special abilities not spells).

the script for it is:

if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
foreach pick in hero from BaseCustSp where "abCategory.SorBlood | abCategory.SorBloMut"
eachpick.field[xExtraLev].value += 4
nexteach
endif

I will replace the static 4 bonus to xExtraLev with this statement:
round (#levelcount[Oracle] /2, 0, -1) (if it works!!!)

and i know i need to replace abCategory.SorBlood with abCategory.OraCurse, but i could not find using the debug menus what BaseCustSp or abCategory.SorBloMut refers to, so i cant modify it to work.

I am also not getting anywhere on using the spell selection from the custom expression.

Feeling like i bit of more than i could chew here!
stuartwaring is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 5th, 2015, 08:31 AM
BaseCustSp is the component for custom specials (those things like rage powers or alchemist discoveries which are added to tables on the class tab). abCategory.SorBloMut is the tag added to mutant bloodlines that a sorcerer archetype can access.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote