Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

stuartwaring

Old September 28th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I have been working on modifying the Thunderbolt ability so that damage and save DC scale with my caster level, not my sorcerer level (i have 3 levels of Eldritch Knight, 1 of Fighter and 9 of Sorcerer = CL11).

I have successfully changed the damage to 11d6 but cant get the save dc to work properly!

Here is the script (running in post attributes, priority 10,000

~use caster level for damage
field[abValue].value += herofield[tMaxCaster].value

~add half eldritch knight level to DC
#dc[cSorThunB1] += Round(#levelcount[EldritchKn]/2, 0, -1)

Any ideas why this returns a save DC of 30 not expected 22 (Cha is +7)
stuartwaring is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 29th, 2015, 07:55 AM
What's the result? Is it giving you an error message? Is the DC not calculating right? Without information on the effects of your script, I don't know what to say.

Some general things - operators in HL are not usually capitalized - "round", rather than "Round". There are a lot of things HL is case-sensitive about, so I'd use the standard capitalization for that.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old September 29th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Hi Matthias,

The result is that the DC is much too high - should be DC 22 (10+4 from sorcerer levels + 1 for Eldritch Knight levels + 7 (Charisma bonus).

The DC is comes out as is 30.

Thanks
stuartwaring is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 29th, 2015, 11:34 AM
What was the DC before you made this change? How much did this alter it by?
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old September 29th, 2015, 11:35 AM
21, as it was only counting Sorcerer levels, and is based on standard DC (Charisma) in the editor
stuartwaring is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 29th, 2015, 11:54 AM
What sort of ability is running this script?

If it's a class special, do you have more than one copy of the class special on whatever class/archetype is adding this? (I'm guessing 9 copies - an every even or every odd level ability)

If so, is the script you've posted all of your script?

And if so, does adding the standard Helper.ShowSpec and Helper.FirstCopy tests for class specials fix this?
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old September 29th, 2015, 12:25 PM
It is a class special, but i only have the one copy - I copied the original Thunderbolt ability and just modified the abValue in the script, from field[abValue].value += field[xAllLev].value to field[abValue].value += herofield[tMaxCaster].value.

The i tried to up the DC

The script posted was the whole thing (There is a render phase script, but that is identical to the original).

where do i add the Helper.ShowSpec and Helper.FirstCopy tests?
stuartwaring is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old September 29th, 2015, 12:28 PM
And i keep getting an error message when i try to test saying "Thing to replace has already been replaced and cannot be superceded" (My modified Thunderbolt ability is replacing the default one!)
stuartwaring is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 29th, 2015, 12:33 PM
In the editor's help menu, choose "Help on using the editor", and look at tutorial 7. In the class special sections of that it discusses the tests that are normal for class specials to make sure they're not applying their effects all the time - that they only apply their effects when the class has reached a high enough level to use them, and not when they're replaced by an archetype.

At this point, I'm at a loss as to what's happening to the DC. Nothing you've described so far can explain it, so there must be something else interfering.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 29th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
And i keep getting an error message when i try to test saying "Thing to replace has already been replaced and cannot be superceded" (My modified Thunderbolt ability is replacing the default one!)
Once you use "Replaces Thing Id", you can never use "Test Now!" on that item or you'll get this message. You have to use the "Quick-reload game system" option from the Develop menu in the regular Hero Lab window.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote