Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old August 6th, 2014, 09:59 AM
I've also recruited at least two other people as customers. I know ... not a huge number ... but I'm doing what I can.
EightBitz is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 6th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I've also recruited at least two other people as customers. I know ... not a huge number ... but I'm doing what I can.
Awesome! Please invite them to join the forum community!
liz is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 5th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Latest Review found on the web
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolrendor DM's Blog
So what’s to like?
  • Smart Images
  • Automatic Content Link detection
  • The Storyboard functionality

So what’s the problem then?
Well, I think simply there is one word that sums it up: integration. Or rather, the lack of integration, because essentially there is none. If you build an encounter in Realm Works, there is no way to export the data into any other program ............

The Bottom Line…

I want to like Realm Works, I really do! But right now, with the current functionality, I just can’t see it being a useful tool in my campaign management toolbox. Before I would change my mind, it would need to go through several iterations of improvement.

On the positive side, Lone Wolf Development seem very committed to the project, and from a technology perspective seem to have concentrated very carefully on the underlying building blocks of their product, so that they can develop significant new features in the future. If that remains the case, I’m quite happy to stay along for the ride!
Full review for those interested can be found here
http://tolrendor-world.net/2014/11/2...ks-the-future/

More to come,
DLG
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old December 5th, 2014, 09:21 AM
The Review Dark Lord Galen just referenced also said:

"Another area I would like to see improved in the future is the style of the user interface. Currently it looks and feels a bit like using an old-style Microsoft Access database. Now that may be fine when actually editing your ‘Realm’, but I’d certainly like it to have a bit more pizazz when simply viewing data i.e. some styling and layout options."

It doesn't get much attention on these forums, but I've heard the "It's ugly" complaint from more a few different people now. One of my players is especially turned of by it and his complaint sounded very much like the one in the review (It's not the same person though )
meek75 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote