Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

KarmaInferno

Old March 30th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Equipment has altered how the unique weapon/shield known as the Klar works.

Previously, it was treated as a light 1d6 slashing weapon that happened to have a shield attached.

Now, it is a light shield with spikes.

Since HeroLab has not yet updated the Klar to reflect this, I went to add it in as a custom item in the meanwhile.

Since it's based on the light shield now, I went and copied the light steel shield. Added the spikes as a bootstrap. I didn't yet do anything to make it work properly with Thunder and Fang, I was going to do that later. I then copied the light steel shield 'weapon' helper object. Changed the damage type to Slashing, upped the damage die. Fixed the bootstraps so the new shield points at the new weapon helper, hit "Test Now" and it did not throw any errors.

When I went to add it to a character, it showed up in the armor tab fine. I can add stuff to it as a light shield, no problem, it interacts with the Improved Shield Bash feat correctly.

However, when I switch to the weapon tab, the fixed Klar shows up under "Other Weapons" and I can't customize it at all.

I tried adding a regular spiked light shield to the character and that shows up properly, allows me to add both weapon and armor modifications as it should.

Since my new Klar is a copy of it, shouldn't it act the same? Did I miss something to allow the weapon side of the Klar to be enchanted/etc?

Thanks,

-j
KarmaInferno is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old November 7th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Having just started using a Klar with my Dwarf, I naturally searched the forums for any threads related to it's use. I thought this could use a resurrect to see if there's any word on this. Looking in herolab, it looks like the Klar is still triggering the Shield Slam custom attack as a 1d3 Shield Slam, not reflecting it's new status since the update (I believe).

Is this something that I need to make a custom workaround for, or has someone already done the work? Or, has the Klar weapon entry been bootstrapped to work with all of the shield slam abilities and such, meaning that I should just ignore the shield slam entry that pops up?
Brolthemighty is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 8th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I would advise reporting it as a bug and have HL fix it. Shields/Shield Weapons are a strange thing to work with and its not easy at first to do. Their is also additional values/elements that will only exist at the XML level you won't be able to see in the editor.

I would just report it have LW fix it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 8th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Yeah, sounds like a bug report to me as well.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote