Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

marroon69

Old May 8th, 2020, 09:46 AM
Is there a way to transfer characters to another account? I started using hero lab online (I am the GM) to help my players get their PF2 characters setup but now as they move forward they want to subscribe? Is there is there a way to export/import or transfer a feature I am missing? I do have the "Patron Service" if that matters?
marroon69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old May 8th, 2020, 01:15 PM
You have to move/copy the characters to the campaign and add the players accounts to the campaign; after that you can transfer control to the players account.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2020, 02:47 PM
If the characters are owned by the campaign, you can simply transfer control.

If the characters are NOT owned by the campaign, or don't want them to be owned by the campaign, you can transfer official ownership.

Both approaches will achieve the desired result of putting the player in charge of their characters. It depends on which you prefer.

Since you have a patron account, the former is probably the better avenue, as that will ensure the players have access to all the content you're sharing in the campaign.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old May 8th, 2020, 03:29 PM
@Rob, can you be specific about option 2? What are the steps to transfer ownership? As someone who doesn't use the CT, I'd like some help.
Thanks!
flyteach is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2020, 08:23 PM
It turns out I need to keep a closer eye on things before commenting. The ability to transfer ownership of a GM-controlled PC is not yet exposed in the UI. My development focus is the backend, and that capability is in place there, but it has not yet been surfaced through the UI. So a GM-controlled/owned PC in a campaign with content-sharing can only have its controlled transferred at the moment. Apologies for the confusion.

Each of the options is available through the vertical ellipsis menu to the right of the PC on the "PCs and Players" tab. However, only one of the options will be found right now. The other will be appearing in the not-too-distant future.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DJalin1

Old May 11th, 2020, 12:48 PM
Actually, can you transfer from DM controlled PC, to Member controlled PC and then assign ownership to player. The player then owns the PC. DM has no control the bring back though. Suggest making a copy while DM controled.
DJalin1 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote