Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Dwayne

Old February 4th, 2017, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Is there a way to suppress the section 'Activated Abilities & Adjustments' on the default HL character sheet print out?
I also would like to have the ability to not print that out.
Dwayne is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Fionavar

Old February 4th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Version 13.9: I am now receiving the following error: "you may only have a single racial trait" What do you need from me to help in this regard?
Fionavar is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2017, 09:23 PM
In recent posts, people have been hiding bug reports and requests to modify the way a feature functions in a thread that will get un-stickied and lost when the next update is published.

At least give them their own thread, so they're noticeable on their own, but we'd really prefer that you report them to our bug tracker: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=24976
Mathias is online now   #23 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old February 4th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionavar View Post
Version 13.9: I am now receiving the following error: "you may only have a single racial trait" What do you need from me to help in this regard?
You can only have 1 trait from any category so it is not a bug. If you want more just check the unrestricted traits on the configure your hero screen.
Dwayne is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old February 28th, 2017, 12:06 PM
oooo... waiting impatiently for the next HL update... oh, the goodies it's gonna have.... :P
Krothos is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Marcy.garret

Old March 10th, 2017, 09:46 AM
This may be a rookie mistake. Can you direct me to the source material stating that a tumor familiar may not take "improved familiar?" The only source negating it, that I can find, is a quote from a post on these forums. However, his quotation is not even found in the link he provided.
Marcy.garret is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 10th, 2017, 11:15 PM
Core rulebook FAQ

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9utx

Improved Familiars: There are various ways for characters other than arcane spellcasters to gain familiars at this point, and some of those options even grant Improved Familiar as a bonus feat, but technically each Improved Familiar option requires a certain arcane spellcaster level to take it. Does that mean that non-arcane characters with Improved Familiar have a dead feature? How does it work? If it does work, can I take an Improved Familiar as some kind of variant familiar or a temporary familiar like the occultist’s soulbound puppet?

The Improved Familiar description was written back when only arcane spellcasters could have familiars, and it wasn’t sufficiently future-proofed. To that end, you can always substitute your effective wizard level for the purpose of determining your familiar’s abilities for “arcane spellcaster level” to determine the available improved familiars for your character. In general, you can take Improved Familiars for class-granted variant familiars like a shaman’s spirit animal, with a few exceptions: First, temporary familiars like the occultist’s soulbound puppet can’t become Improved Familiars from the Improved Familiar feat, and those class features don’t qualify you to take the Improved Familiar feat. Second, tumor familiars, as lumps of flesh in the shape of animals, can’t become Improved Familiars. In other cases, treat Improved Familiar as if it was an archetype to see if it stacks with other familiar options: since the two things it alters from a regular familiar are that it removes the ability to speak with animals of its kind and it prevents changing the creature type for non-animals, you couldn’t make a familiar that changes the creature type of non-animals or alters or removes speak with animals of its kind an Improved Familiar.
Aaron is offline   #27 Reply With Quote