Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old December 31st, 2014, 10:20 AM
Quote:
To be honest, it is really fun work.. Everything you put into RW seems to make the adventures and setting better and richer..
Absolutely. I keep finding new things that I overlooked in modules as a result of links.
AEIOU is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old December 31st, 2014, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakFire74 View Post
To be honest, it is really fun work.. Everything you put into RW seems to make the adventures and setting better and richer..
Gotta agree BUT it seems that every time I work on my campaign data, I find more things I need to do. It's generally fun, but man, one day I'd like to feel like I'm making forward progress.
weogarth is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 31st, 2014, 01:15 PM
It does feel like steering a ginormous cruise ship sometimes, doesn't it? Just a few more links...and then I'll change those locations to adventure areas...and I'll finish that section I've been ignoring...and and and....
AEIOU is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 31st, 2014, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
Gotta agree BUT it seems that every time I work on my campaign data, I find more things I need to do. It's generally fun, but man, one day I'd like to feel like I'm making forward progress.
I've definitely gone down some rabbit holes. However, I think I've finally got to the point where I can just tell myself, "Liz, while it may be fun to have an entire backstory for the Innkeeper's daughter that the players may buy drinks from, it's not really necessary to the story." Sometimes I listen to myself, other times not.
liz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old December 31st, 2014, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
I've definitely gone down some rabbit holes. However, I think I've finally got to the point where I can just tell myself, "Liz, while it may be fun to have an entire backstory for the Innkeeper's daughter that the players may buy drinks from, it's not really necessary to the story." Sometimes I listen to myself, other times not.
Oh, Lord, I'm reminded of the character I gave a full Ultimate Relationships (Legendary Games, if you don't know it) treatment to. I dug so far into a single character's background and motivation that I couldn't think of anything else for days. And this is an established character that none of my players are actually all that interested in.

Dragging myself back to the level of "what detail do I really need?" can be hard at times.
Chemlak is offline   #15 Reply With Quote