Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Silveras

Old December 2nd, 2018, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Wow! That spreadsheet is massive. I can tell you love spreadsheets. ;-)
The PDF is great and I'm going to start using it. One thing I'll add will be bookmakers. You can set a bookmark so it will open to a specific location on a page if you aren't viewing the whole page. If it's at the bottom of a page then the bottom portion of the page is shown which may include several items that are bookmarked.
Actually, I am more proficient with MS Access and Word than Excel; it is just that the spreadsheet provided useful auto-calculations for updates. I had a massive, multi-page D&D 3.5 (and then Pathfinder) workbook design for a character tracker (before I started using HeroLab).

One thing about the PDF.. .towards the front, the material is pretty much all canon. As you move more into it, more and more of the material is my own or otherwise questionable - the table of task DCs is from the D&D 3.5 DMG; the capacities of mundane containers is from recovered AD&D 2.0 and D&D 3.0 materials, for examples. Also, the 3D illustrations of flanking and cover are my own and need something that shows multi-leveled activities.

I did not Bookmark the PDF primarily because I will replace it when I add new material to the source document (in MS Publisher); I still have to add things from Occult Adventures, Ultimate Wilderness, and Horror Adventures.. maybe more. As a reference, though, it is all the tables I wished they had put in the GM screens, especially the material for outdoor adventuring.
Silveras is offline   #11 Reply With Quote