Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

PureSlayaz

Old January 4th, 2020, 04:06 AM
Can someone help us? We are trying Fantasy Grounds after D20 Pro. How do we export our characters from HLO so they can be imported into Fantasy Grounds? Creating the characters in Fantasy Grounds is horrible
PureSlayaz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old January 8th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately, you can't at this time.
flyteach is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old February 12th, 2021, 09:27 AM
How about now?
Dhrakken is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 12th, 2021, 02:13 PM
Read this thread: Boomer has an exporter that might help you (first page, #10) and also page three, post #30.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old February 13th, 2021, 07:29 AM
I haven't found a way yet, seems you need to have some coding skills for it. I even asked if anyone had a paid utility on the FG boards, but nobody seemed interested. Really wish HLO and FG would get together on this.
Frodie is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old February 13th, 2021, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Read this thread: Boomer has an exporter that might help you (first page, #10) and also page three, post #30.
Thanks for the info but that converter does not export everything: gear, weapons, abilities, attacks, etc... And it's a complete mess if you are a mechanic with a drone...

Edit: I have attached the original JSON file and the resulting XML file. You can see that the XML file is missing a ton of data which is also apparent when you import the XML file into FGU.
Attached Files
File Type: zip High Five.zip (62.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Dhrakken; February 13th, 2021 at 11:09 AM.
Dhrakken is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RdDoubleU

Old February 13th, 2021, 01:49 PM
I've imported a few Hero Lab characters into Fantasy Grounds for Pathfinder 1e and it isn't the greatest. Unless you have all of the same books in both systems you will lose some content on the transfer. I found it easier to just create my character in Hero Lab and then create the character in Fantasy Grounds and use Hero Lab to make sure all of my stats were setup correctly. Also the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder 2e character tracker makes it really easy to create characters as it directs you through each step. Not sure if that is a Fantasy Grounds Unity feature or a PF2 within Fantasy Grounds feature though.
RdDoubleU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 13th, 2021, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Really wish HLO and FG would get together on this.
HLO has done it's side of the work by providing the API, it is now up to FG to do the next part.
Toblakai is offline   #8 Reply With Quote