Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old July 17th, 2013, 01:28 PM
I know that there is a Dragonrider class by Super Genius Games; I have it. However, those dragons, while "party legal" are nerfed. They are animal companions, and not the "real" dragons based on the Bestiary.

Another option for a character to get a mount, such as a dragon, is by getting a cohort through the Leadership feat.

What I was thinking is coming up with a Cavalier feat that instead kind of merges the two. Or rather, instead of having the mount as a Druid's Animal Companion, that the dragon is based on the Cavalier's level and the character's total level. What I have in mind is total Hit Dice of dragon = (1/2 character level + full Cavalier level).

That is only a part of the situation, as that in itself is easy just by glancing at the character. The sheet would not need to track anything. The next part of it is to pick a dragon type, and have it effectively bootstrap that appropriate dragon age/size and all of its abilities while it is within a certain Hit Die range. In effect, as you level up it gets bigger and tougher. A level 20 Cavalier would have a 30 HD dragon. (I am aware that dragons normally get bigger by aging, but this is sort of a soul-bond thing, and might be how dragons appear in the first place, those found alone later perhaps outlived their Cavalier).

Is it even possible to do this? So, to summarize:

Feat that requires cavalier levels (yes, easy)
it disables the cavalier mount ability
instead replaces it with a dragon that levels up, based on its hit dice, which are (Full Cavalier levels + 1/2 character levels).
I might have it require a few levels in Cavalier so people don't just take toe one level in Cavalier to qualify for the feat.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 17th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Short answer is yes it can be done. The dragonrider class I built uses its own leveling system instead of using the built in Animal Companion rules for hit dice. My advice is you will need to tear about the draongrider class and have it work the same way using a minion instead of an animal companion.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; July 17th, 2013 at 03:39 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 17th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I will look through that for ideas. That looked like it was a lot of work to put together. I think that sometimes the user data is easier to manipulate with MS Visual Studio, especially if you want to copy-paste.

The Gold Dragon has Lawful barred. It should bar Chaotic instead.
SeeleyOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote