Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Hykim

Old February 11th, 2021, 11:59 AM
I have a half orc fighter who I have added a Large Warhammer to the weapon list, but there is no check box to equip the weapon. No Large weapon shows a equip checkbox. I take this to mean the character can't equip the weapon.

On a giant instinct barbarian I have a Large Greataxe equipped, no problem.

The rules for Items and Sizes state, "In most cases, Small or Medium creatures can wield a Large weapon, though it’s unwieldy, giving them the clumsy 1 condition, and the larger size is canceled by the difficulty of swinging the weapon, so it grants no special benefit."
https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=256

Am I missing something simple to allow the half orc fighter to equip the Large Warhammer in HLO?

Am I missing something in the rules and the half orc fighter shouldn't be able to equip the Large Warhammer in PF2E without some additional feat or ability?
Hykim is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 11th, 2021, 03:00 PM
I thought they'd removed weapon sizes, since it no longer increases the damage. I don't even see a way to choose a weapon size in HLO.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hykim

Old February 11th, 2021, 04:39 PM
You can only select the weapon size when you are buying the weapon in HLO. Under "Buy Quantity" you can click "More options" and then select the gear size.
Hykim is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 11th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Oh, I see that. It's deep in there. What's the point? Just to get the clumsy condition added?
mototom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hykim

Old February 12th, 2021, 02:52 AM
The party found a named Large weapon which has special abilities that one of the party members (a Ranger) wants to wield. By the rules I think he can wield it, but I'm not seeing how to do it "correctly" according to HLO.

Can we fake it by having it be a Medium weapon and manually adding clumsy:1, but I'm just trying to figure out if I'm missing something in the PF2E rules about large weapons, or if I'm missing something in HLO about wielding Large weapons, or if I have found an HLO bug which I should report.

Last edited by Hykim; February 12th, 2021 at 02:54 AM.
Hykim is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 12th, 2021, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hykim View Post
The party found a named Large weapon which has special abilities that one of the party members (a Ranger) wants to wield. By the rules I think he can wield it, but I'm not seeing how to do it "correctly" according to HLO
Ah. I did see the same thing—there's no equip check box for a large weapon. I'd report it as a bug; I don't see anything in the rules that would prohibit wielding a larger weapon. They should be able to equip it and just get the clumsy condition, I think.
mototom is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old February 12th, 2021, 05:58 AM
For clarification, weapons have been changed from PF1 so that Small and Medium creatures can wield the same "sized" weapons. Large weapons still exists, as well as the tiny weapons for the other side of things.
thaX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 12th, 2021, 08:40 AM
Please do send in a bug report so we can get it on our list. I think the most likely case is that the PF2 playtest didn't allow this at all (except barbarians), and we didn't notice the change in weapon size rules between editions. But in the meantime, this can be worked around with a size M weapon, an adjustment to add clumsy, and an adjustment to change the bulk of the weapon.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Hykim

Old February 12th, 2021, 08:58 AM
Reported. Thanks for the sanity check
Hykim is offline   #9 Reply With Quote