Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Parody

Old April 5th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
I'd really like to be able to turn off the icons for the global views, though. I'd really like to have icons for my personal views, and be able to access the global view via the menu button. This goes for both articles and topics. The global views take up two slots on my UI that I'd rather use for views that I use more often.
Put the ones you want to access frequently on the Quick Access Toolbar and collapse the Ribbon. (I've used that setup for most of the time I've used Realm Works.)

Parody is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old April 5th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Put the ones you want to access frequently on the Quick Access Toolbar and collapse the Ribbon. (I've used that setup for most of the time I've used Realm Works.)
That's actually really handy, thanks.

But would still prefer the "Text and larger, more useful graphic" icons over the "tiny coloured circle and no text" option if it was available...
MaxSupernova is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 5th, 2015, 03:07 PM
For a long time I only had World, Mechanics, and Paste Special.

Somewhere I have a WIP post about how much Realm Works doesn't use the Ribbon for a Ribbon app, but I still haven't finished it. Maybe I'll dig it back out again.

Parody is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old April 5th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Microsoft actually do make some nice software - but every so often (too often if you ask me) they apparently suffer from acute "brain haemorrhage" and produce something like ribbons (which has slowed down my excel work to a crawl) and Win8.

I am just happy that RW seems to have managed to use ribbons in the least harmful way I have seen so far.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old April 6th, 2015, 05:31 AM
Is there an external link to download updates? I'm having trouble getting the update tool to work. It keeps getting hung up and never finishes downloading.
meek75 is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old April 6th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
Is there an external link to download updates? I'm having trouble getting the update tool to work. It keeps getting hung up and never finishes downloading.
Here:
http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/g...orks/download/

Of course, that gives you the entire package, but it works.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old April 6th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Thanks! I think I might just be having connection issues.
meek75 is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 6th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
Of course, that gives you the entire package, but it works.
The update functions inside Realm Works download the same installer.

Parody is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 8th, 2015, 11:31 AM
OK so I spent a great deal of time and i have re organized my entire capaign into chapter views. I have to say this is a great add-on, still miss my story vs world almanacs, but this is a sweet way to work.

Being able to see each chapter in its own tab certainly makes it much more managable, andc will help keep it clean for play.

But only three allowed on the ribbon? I have tons of space left, would love to be able to have many more, I would like have 5 plus the default world view.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
But only three allowed on the ribbon? I have tons of space left, would love to be able to have many more, I would like have 5 plus the default world view.
You can create up to 7 custom views for topics in the World Almanac, and up to 7 custom views for articles in the Mechanics Reference. However, you may show at most 3 custom views of each type directly on the ribbon. The rest are available from their respective custom view dropdown menu.
liz is offline   #60 Reply With Quote