Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 4th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Mathias,

Looking at the rulebook as it is written, characters are supposed to be able to permanently burn their street cred, to lower their notoriety level. Its supposed to be a permanent burn. Meaning that even if it was gained from karma, it can be lost to lower notoriety level. The floor as it stands prevents that happening. The reasoning behind it is that as Street Cred goes up, so does Public Awareness, and if P.A. goes up above 3... law enforcement starts watching the runners... along with corp sec and other people that run the shadows... basically the burning of street cred is essential to keeping the shadowrunners out of the eyes of people they don't want watching them. Its a difficult line to walk, but a necessary one.

I just want to be able to drop Street Cred down to 0.

Also, I noticed that Edge has a problem in it too in that the advancement tab won't let it go below one. Runners are supposed to be able to BURN edge permanently to stay alive, even with wounds that would kill them outright... It should be able to drop to 0.

I don't like to be nitpicky but I am running a Shadowrun Campaign and actually waited until you released the software license to start it so that i could manage my players' characters. I do this for our Dark Sun campaign as well.

nylanfs,

First off I am the GM.
Secondly, go over to the right hand column from where you found that statement: "Characters can reduce their Notoriety by permanently sacrificing some of their Street Cred. For every 2 points of Street Cred burned, Notoriety can be reduced by 1."
If you read that page carefully, you will see there is absolutely no lower limit at all on sacrificing Street Cred to reduce Notoriety. This statement includes street cred earned from karma being permanently sacrificed. High Notoriety is bad, it means law enforcement watching you under scrutiny to the point where the runner won't even be able to meet a Mr. Johnson about a job in the shadows if it gets too high. The sacrificial rule is there to help keep characters balanced and playable in the shadows.
RavenX is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old September 4th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Hmmm, I'm not sure that I would interpret that sentence that way. I posted to the two main ShadowRun forums to get an answer, although Mathias and Ro could just get ahold of CGL and get a rulling

http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=4698.0
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showforum=26
nylanfs is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Well thats how it reads. One of the things I have noticed is that this rulebook is nothing but fine print. There are a lot of rules in there. But I have made my point here. I have all the corerule books for this system and have read them all. None of them say anything differently about the lowering of notoriety. Runners need the ability to make a sacrifice because if law enforcement is always watching they really can't do any runs. The way the book reads, it says permanent sacrifice of street cred, it doesn't say that the cred sacrificed isn't from Karma. I have had a couple of players who've botched runs and have yet to even earn a single point of street cred outside of the karma method. They came to the point this weekend where unless they made the sacrifice mr. johnsons would be avoiding their characters completely due to the bad reputation they've earned.
RavenX is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:32 AM
As I said, there is currently a bug that means Hero Lab is not calculating Street Cred correctly if you apply a negative on the Journal tab.
Mathias is online now   #34 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks Mathias ^_^ Overall I do like how you've set up hero lab for shadowrun. The software works nicely. I am looking forward to the launching of supplemental licenses.
RavenX is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old September 10th, 2011, 08:02 AM
This is probably more of a Hero Lab FREQ than a Shadowrun FREQ.

On things that can be customized (ir cyberlimbs, equipment etc) it would be REALLY nice to be able to either right click and either copy customizations, or select it for modification and there be an option to "Start New Customization with existing settings".

Mainly I'm wanting it for cyberlimb upgrades when getting a new grade of cyberlimb.
nylanfs is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old September 23rd, 2011, 05:16 PM
Have a new request. In the last game I had to burn two of my identities. It would be nice to have an option to be able to mark an identity as no-longer valid for lifestyle payments that way I can keep track of my past identities without having to delete the lifestyle and licenses from the identity.

Note: I've worked around this by adding a 0 cost custom lifestyle.

Last edited by nylanfs; September 23rd, 2011 at 05:39 PM.
nylanfs is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 23rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
Have a new request. In the last game I had to burn two of my identities. It would be nice to have an option to be able to mark an identity as no-longer valid for lifestyle payments that way I can keep track of my past identities without having to delete the lifestyle and licenses from the identity.

Note: I've worked around this by adding a 0 cost custom lifestyle.
The pencil button on the Identities is indended for notes about that lifestyle - there, you can record that when you had to abandon this fake SIN, you lost 6 months of prepaid Low lifetstyle.

As long as you have a lifestyle on one of your identities, there's no requirement to have lifestyles on any of the others.
Mathias is online now   #38 Reply With Quote
graywulfe

Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Just a couple of items I would like to see. A method to easily modify maximum BP in Qualities during character creation and max Availability during character creation.
graywulfe is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
It would be nice, if HL-SR would allow, for NPC characters, the input of initiation grades and metamagics during the creation phase. Once again the lack of scroll capability in the Achievement tab between the achievements window and the metamagics window has back stabbed me with major toons.
CeaDawg is offline   #40 Reply With Quote