Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jrcchicago

Old March 29th, 2018, 07:27 AM
I am building up a dhampir hunter, and when I buy a custom potion or wand with inflict light, moderate, or serious wounds for him, set for the minimum caster level, it shows up on his magic item list with a CL of minimum +1 (CL 2, CL 4, CL 6, etc.). I tried it with a custom wands of magic missile and entangle, but those came out at CL 1 as expected. I tried it with another character in the same portfolio, with the same general settings for books, and ShadowChemosh’s adjustments and equipment, and those items came out as expected. I tried toggling ShadowChemosh’s adjustments and equipment off — no change.

I’d appreciate any suggestions. It isn’t a big deal, but it’s confusing.
jrcchicago is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 29th, 2018, 10:15 AM
I am not 100% following sorry. Could you post your .por file or some pics?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jrcchicago

Old March 29th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I am not 100% following sorry. Could you post your .por file or some pics?
Sure, and thanks for making time to look it over. I'll attach two screenshots below - you can see the "inflict X wounds" items are showing as 1 caster level over what they should be, but they are priced as though they were at the correct caster level. Even going back in to edit the items (the second screenshot is the edit screen for the wand of ILW), it has the spell at CL 1, not CL 2, so I'm confused about why it shows up at a different caster level on the PC's magic item list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0699.jpg (147.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0700.jpg (48.4 KB, 4 views)
jrcchicago is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 29th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcchicago View Post
Sure, and thanks for making time to look it over. I'll attach two screenshots below - you can see the "inflict X wounds" items are showing as 1 caster level over what they should be, but they are priced as though they were at the correct caster level. Even going back in to edit the items (the second screenshot is the edit screen for the wand of ILW), it has the spell at CL 1, not CL 2, so I'm confused about why it shows up at a different caster level on the PC's magic item list.
That is really really strange. I just tried a several times on my copy of HL and I can't make it do that.

If you can send a copy of the .por file would be great. I am wondering if its some specific option you have turned on causing that. As you have the iPad if you open the character and in the top right corner click the up arrow. Then do Share Portfolio and email it to me at shadowchemosh(at)yahoo(dot)com.

This is really bizarre! I want to see if I can track it down to core or something in the community Pack causing it...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jrcchicago

Old March 29th, 2018, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
That is really really strange. I just tried a several times on my copy of HL and I can't make it do that.

If you can send a copy of the .por file would be great. I am wondering if its some specific option you have turned on causing that. As you have the iPad if you open the character and in the top right corner click the up arrow. Then do Share Portfolio and email it to me at shadowchemosh(at)yahoo(dot)com.

This is really bizarre! I want to see if I can track it down to core or something in the community Pack causing it...
Just sent it to you, thanks!
jrcchicago is offline   #5 Reply With Quote