Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Enforcer84

Old March 4th, 2021, 08:01 PM
This thread is ten years old. Fenris have you ever tried ShadowChemosh's deity hider? (I know it's for the Pathfinder pack...)

<thing id="ECSDeities" name="Eberron Mechanic, Deities" description="Hide all non-Eberron deities if the source &quot;Hide Non-Eberron Deities&quot; is turned on." compset="Simple" uniqueness="unique">
<usesource source="srcOnlyEbe"/>
<eval phase="First" priority="10000"><![CDATA[
~ Find all non-Eberron deities
foreach thing in Deity where "!DeityCat.S2Eberron & !thingid.deiAtheist & !thingid.deiOther"
~ If no deity category then pull the thingid
If (eachthing.tagcount[DeityCat.?] = 0) Then
perform eachthing.pulltags[thingid.?,HideDeity]
~ If we have a category then pull the cateogry only
~ if we have not already pulled it.
Else
If (eachthing.intersect[DeityCat,DeityCat] = 0) then
perform eachthing.pulltags[DeityCat.?]
Endif
Endif
nexteach
~ Create Hide Deity Catagory tags
perform pulltags[DeityCat.?,HideDeiCat]
~ Push the hide deity tags to the hero
perform hero.pushtags[HideDeiCat.?]
perform hero.pushtags[HideDeity.?]
]]></eval>
</thing>
Enforcer84 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 5th, 2021, 06:45 AM
I haven't looked at this. If it's something people want, it could maybe be a pair of adjustments: one that hides all deities of a chosen category and another that hides everything except the deities of a chosen category.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old March 7th, 2021, 02:57 PM
The code works perfect but the way it's written is as a mechanic that gets loaded through the configure hero options rather than as adjustments added later.

It wouldn't be a problem to modify it to adjustments but it boils down to if you want to clutter up your adjustments tab or your configure hero tab.
dungeonguru is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old March 7th, 2021, 06:10 PM
Like I said, I have a "hide Gods" user file that just precludes all the official deities, and then I went and copied each pantheon to their own user file so I can choose them when configuring a hero.

ShadowChemosh's idea intrigued me but I never manage to get it to...work. *sad face*
Enforcer84 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 8th, 2021, 06:43 AM
I've added this as something I'm going to look at for release 3.2 (3.1 is about to release). No promises, but ShadowChemosh's code makes sense.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 8th, 2021, 11:16 AM
I just realized it's much harder to do than I thought. I was thinking we could just to a tag expression to pull the various deity categories. But since those are just tags, it's not actually something we can generate a list of. So...crap.

dungeonguru was getting at this. The simple but bloated way is to just make an adjustment or mechanic for each pantheon. But that's way too bloated. I have other ideas for less bloated solutions, but they still would require manual additions every time a pantheon is added. I'll think more about it.

Fenris447 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 17th, 2021, 07:21 AM
I think I’m on to something that’ll make this work. I’ll have to test it when I get home. Since the headers for each pantheon are marked as Show Only, they should have a thing.showonly tag. Unless that tag isn’t used in the 5e data set, we can build a list of pantheons to pick from by looking for all deities that have that tag. Then you select that pantheon, we pull that deity category tag, and limit based on that. The only other question is whether or not the name will show up funky on the generated drop-down list, thanks to the formatting we use for pantheon names. We’ll have to see how it goes, but this is better than manually making helper things for each pantheon, which is what I was going to have to do.

Fenris447 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 5th, 2021, 06:05 PM
Well...that didn't work. The fact that they’re marked as show only is probably why they’re not showing up on the drop down. Looks like it's back to the drawing board.

EDIT: So I think I’ve exhausted all other options for doing this in a more automatic fashion. I think I’ll have to make Simple Things for each pantheon, creating a pool for the adjustment to pull from. When new pantheons are added, a new Simple Thing will need to be created for that pantheon in order for it to be used in this hiding adjustment. I may push this to release 3.3, depending on whether I get to it soon.

Last edited by Fenris447; April 6th, 2021 at 05:07 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 19th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Thanks to the code from above, I was able to get this working.

I had to create Simple Things for each deity category, give them their respective DeityCat tag, and then have the adjustment generate a list of those Simple Things. The adjustment pulls the tag from the chosen thing and then either hides all deities from that category OR hides everything except for that category, depending on which drop-down you use on the adjustment.

For posterity's sake, when we add new pantheons, they will need their own Simple Thing created in the same manner. See 5CFrgtPnth in the PHB - Deities.user for an example of this.

The adjustment will be in release 3.3, since 3.2 just came out yesterday.

Fenris447 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote