Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Ech0

Old December 10th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Hey there, fellow runners!

I'm pretty sure I'm simply blind and have not found the right tab to click, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to modify an Internal Cyberdeck. There are a couple of hickups; maybe you can help:

Cyberdeck Modules:
While I do see the option to add Cyberdeck Modules, the "Program Carrier" Module does not seem to work as intended. I'm just adding a placeholder that I can rename to simulate the desired Program, but it does not mechanically add the program to my active programs. - What am I doing wrong?

Device Modifications:
I'd like to use a bunch of "Electronic Parts" to "Modify a Matrix Attribute" of my Deck, decreasing Attack and increasing Firewall. I can't find a way to do it, though. While every other items has the option to modify, the implanted Cyberdeck does not.

While the Fluff makes it tricky to mod an internal Cyberdeck, it should still be possible, going by RAW alone.
Ech0 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 10th, 2015, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ech0 View Post
Cyberdeck Modules:
While I do see the option to add Cyberdeck Modules, the "Program Carrier" Module does not seem to work as intended. I'm just adding a placeholder that I can rename to simulate the desired Program, but it does not mechanically add the program to my active programs. - What am I doing wrong?
Edit the program carrier, and run the program on its programs list.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 10th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ech0 View Post
While the Fluff makes it tricky to mod an internal Cyberdeck, it should still be possible, going by RAW alone.
I disagree, and have not allowed these modifications for any augmentations. You should not be able to open up your augmentations and add extra wiring.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Ech0

Old December 12th, 2015, 02:27 AM
While I don't have a character with that background, there is a skill for building and repairing cyberware in the core rules. Of the top of my hat I can't remember more than one character who had that skill, but tinkering with your cyberware isn't impossible. That's what your friendly neighborhood street docs are for. For example, this guy's 'ware does not look like it still has all it's warranty seals intact:

http://markzug.com/prints/single-gallery/2851037 :-)

Unscrewing the cyber-pinky of my Cyberarm (complete with built-in Renraku Deck) and adding a cable tap to the end of it isn't quite so different from attaching it to the deck itself, don't you think?
Ech0 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old December 12th, 2015, 04:46 AM
Inside a cyberarm is not the same thing as inside ones skull. I would think the one inside the skull wouldn't have mods sticking out of it.
ShadowWalker is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 12th, 2015, 01:36 PM
To house rule this for your own campaign, in the editor, create a copy of the cyberdeck, and in the "Modifications Allowed" option, check "Device Modifications".
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Ech0

Old December 13th, 2015, 12:54 AM
Great, that'll do. Thanks!
Ech0 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Fedifensor

Old April 24th, 2016, 05:44 PM
I believe Shadowrun Missions allows for internal cyberdecks to have device modifications and cyberdeck modules (whether at time of purchase or later).
Fedifensor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Fedifensor

Old May 22nd, 2016, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
To house rule this for your own campaign, in the editor, create a copy of the cyberdeck, and in the "Modifications Allowed" option, check "Device Modifications".
So, I've read the help file for the editor, and I guess I just don't have the skillset for this. I can create a copy of 'Cyberdecks', but editing it and saving the file has no effect.
Fedifensor is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 22nd, 2016, 04:06 PM
Make sure you're copying a real cyberdeck, not the "Cyberdecks" header. Look on the right-hand side - if it's got the "Show Only" checkbox checked, then it's a header.
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote