Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Sir_Taurinus

Old December 30th, 2021, 10:27 AM
First of all I would like to thank you, TobyFox2002 for the incredible work you have done so far in these last years. Congratulations!!!

Secondly, I donīt know if it is just a bug for me or if there is something wrong with the files, but I have detected that when I open with the editor the Dark Sun Campaing setting file, the content is just the same as the Forgotten Realm campaing setting. Same races, same abilities, etc... I guess it must be just a mistake, but I would appreciate it if someone can tell me where to find the Dark Sun content and if that could be solved in the next update of the downloadable files.

Thanks a lot and happy new year!!
Sir_Taurinus is offline   #261 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 7th, 2022, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Taurinus View Post
First of all I would like to thank you, TobyFox2002 for the incredible work you have done so far in these last years. Congratulations!!!

Secondly, I donīt know if it is just a bug for me or if there is something wrong with the files, but I have detected that when I open with the editor the Dark Sun Campaing setting file, the content is just the same as the Forgotten Realm campaing setting. Same races, same abilities, etc... I guess it must be just a mistake, but I would appreciate it if someone can tell me where to find the Dark Sun content and if that could be solved in the next update of the downloadable files.

Thanks a lot and happy new year!!
I am not seeing this, when I open up the Dark Sun Campaign Setting.user file it is not identical to the FRCS file. Could you perhaps give more details?
TobyFox2002 is offline   #262 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 7th, 2022, 10:49 AM
Well, it comes to it, my next set of updates for 3.x content. I have been rather busy working on other stuff so I haven't even begun to consider what I want to include next.

So, I am looking for feedback from all of you, what would you like to see added next? Or what things are not working properly that you think should? Should I continue working on this for Pathfinder 1e and HeroLabs Classic or should I bite the bullet and subscribe to HLO to recreate this content for that and for pf2e (I detest consolidated skills).

These are all things I need to know before I can move forward with future updates. Please, I need you to direct point me in the direction that can best help all of you play your good old 3.x content in pathfinder.

Finally, I have an announcement regarding my Dark Sun material. I have decided that I shall do one final update. Specifically to consolidate monsters and tweak some of the inaccurate information. After that I will NO LONGER be maintaining the DARK SUN material.

If you have HL coding experience and wish to take over it for me I'd be more than happy to pass the torch. I simply do not play DarkSun and as such I don't have a deep enough understanding on how it works to accurately recreate it.

Yours,
TobyFox2002 (I love to talk to people about all things RP and Tabletop-ish, Please feel free to ask for my Discord via PM).
TobyFox2002 is offline   #263 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old January 7th, 2022, 01:49 PM
Herolab classic is my vote. I do not ever plan on using HLO unless something changes my mind.
Dwayne is offline   #264 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 7th, 2022, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
Should I continue working on this for Pathfinder 1e and HeroLabs Classic or should I bite the bullet and subscribe to HLO to recreate this content for that and for pf2e (I detest consolidated skills).
Stick with HLC. Without an editor for HLO, you aren't going to even get started there. I only pay attention to Dragonlance in this, but I'm very thankful for all that you have done.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #265 Reply With Quote
Sir_Taurinus

Old January 8th, 2022, 01:12 AM
Quote:
I am not seeing this, when I open up the Dark Sun Campaign Setting.user file it is not identical to the FRCS file. Could you perhaps give more details?
Sorry. I do not know what the problem was. I made a clean installation of everything again and now it works properly...

Thanks again.
Sir_Taurinus is offline   #266 Reply With Quote
Sir_Taurinus

Old January 8th, 2022, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Well, it comes to it, my next set of updates for 3.x content. I have been rather busy working on other stuff so I haven't even begun to consider what I want to include next.

So, I am looking for feedback from all of you, what would you like to see added next? Or what things are not working properly that you think should? Should I continue working on this for Pathfinder 1e and HeroLabs Classic or should I bite the bullet and subscribe to HLO to recreate this content for that and for pf2e (I detest consolidated skills).

These are all things I need to know before I can move forward with future updates. Please, I need you to direct point me in the direction that can best help all of you play your good old 3.x content in pathfinder.

Finally, I have an announcement regarding my Dark Sun material. I have decided that I shall do one final update. Specifically to consolidate monsters and tweak some of the inaccurate information. After that I will NO LONGER be maintaining the DARK SUN material.

If you have HL coding experience and wish to take over it for me I'd be more than happy to pass the torch. I simply do not play DarkSun and as such I don't have a deep enough understanding on how it works to accurately recreate it.

Yours,
TobyFox2002 (I love to talk to people about all things RP and Tabletop-ish, Please feel free to ask for my Discord via PM).
I would vote for HLC as well...

Concerning Dark Sun, I do really appreciate your work here, since it is the World I usually play in 3.5 and Pathfinder 1.0. Unfortunally I do not have any HL coding experience nor knowledge, so I canīt be of any help. I have just made some minor adjustments to your material via Editor to adapt it for my characters and campaing.
Since it is going to be your last update in that material, I do not know if it is possible for you to adapt some of the standard classic PCs classes (Druid, Rogue, Bard, Ranger...) to Dark Sun requierements, since there are some changes that are beyond my limited editor/scripts knowledge...
Anyway, you have done and extraordinary work here and I will regret you quiting. Thanks once more
Sir_Taurinus is offline   #267 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 8th, 2022, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Taurinus View Post
Anyway, you have done and extraordinary work here and I will regret you quiting. Thanks once more
I'm not quitting altogether, I just dont feel I should be doing anything with Dark Sun in particular, as I dont know the setting well enough to be accurate with it.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #268 Reply With Quote
Sir_Taurinus

Old January 9th, 2022, 09:06 AM
Quote:
I'm not quitting altogether, I just dont feel I should be doing anything with Dark Sun in particular, as I dont know the setting well enough to be accurate with it.
I think you have done a great work here and it has been of great help for many classic players, as me, bound to the 3.5/Pathfinder. Just the adaptations of races, classes, equipments, feats, and so on is awesome so far...I wish I could be of more help here, but I just use the editor and even so, I have problems to adapt some of the things...
Sir_Taurinus is offline   #269 Reply With Quote
StormNobleheart

Old January 14th, 2022, 11:39 AM
I would stick with HLC as HLO does not have an editor. I would also stick with Pathfinder 1st Edition. I am wondering if someone has made an adjustment that sets all skills as class skills instead of needing to add each one. I got rid of class skills in my campaign to help streamline the game and allow players to spend trait slots on more interesting options. If a player places at least one rank into a skill, the character gains the +3 bonus regardless if the skill is a class skill or not.
StormNobleheart is offline   #270 Reply With Quote