Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

cybear

Old October 31st, 2021, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
Well, according to their blog post, they are a little behind.
That I could get, except they have been able to keep up with the core stuff and have also been able to continue releasing Pathfinder AP stuff.
cybear is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old November 1st, 2021, 01:39 PM
Starships are core. No APs in a LONG time. This forum is about Starfinder (and becoming about LWD's lack of support for it).
flyteach is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
cybear

Old November 2nd, 2021, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
Starships are core. No APs in a LONG time. This forum is about Starfinder (and becoming about LWD's lack of support for it).
I think we are on the same page.
cybear is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
cybear

Old November 13th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Bumping for visibility and possible comment from LWD. I am seeing more and more announcements for PF2 AP content will starfinder be getting more AP content or any more serious development?
cybear is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
WatersLethe

Old November 16th, 2021, 05:13 AM
Still no Spell Sergeant, correct?
WatersLethe is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
cybear

Old November 18th, 2021, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatersLethe View Post
Still no Spell Sergeant, correct?
That’s correct, nor any other Starfinder AP content in years.
cybear is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 19th, 2021, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybear View Post
That’s correct, nor any other Starfinder AP content in years.
Supply and demand - if not enough people are buying APs for Starfinder to cover the salary (+ profit margin) of the person/people doing the data entry then it isn't sensible for them to do the work.

(Now if it was available for HLC, then some enterprising users could generate unofficial data packs for those APs, just like was done for many APs for PF1.)

Not scientific, but a quick look in the activity of the SF and PF2 forums suggests that PF2 is way more popular, and is still an AP behind.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; November 19th, 2021 at 01:56 PM.
Farling is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
cybear

Old November 19th, 2021, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Supply and demand - if not enough people are buying APs for Starfinder to cover the salary (+ profit margin) of the person/people doing the data entry then it isn't sensible for them to do the work.

(Now if it was available for HLC, then some enterprising users could generate unofficial data packs for those APs, just like was done for many APs for PF1.)

Not scientific, but a quick look in the activity of the SF and PF2 forums suggests that PF2 is way more popular, and is still an AP behind.
100% agree Just wish LWD Would be upfront about it. But I suppose their silence speaks volumes.
cybear is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 20th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Hey guys, been wanting to pop and and let you all know we live, just been super busy with work for the holidays (but when aren't we busy, really). We've not forgotten SF by any means, and always try to get the main books out as close to release as possible (even if nanocyte made us question if we'd need to release Tech Rev in two parts lol, that class was nuts to code). Core books are always our priority for both SF and PF2, and APs get worked in around other projects and enhancements, as I've mentioned elsewhere. We've been doing some contractor training on the PF2 ones lately, since they're simpler to handle in the code than SF tends to be and they've got more experience with the system.

I can't really speak to the details of pipelines or projects, but that's the general approach that is taken.
Daniel V is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Darius Silverbolt

Old November 21st, 2021, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
Hey guys, been wanting to pop and and let you all know we live, just been super busy with work for the holidays (but when aren't we busy, really). We've not forgotten SF by any means, and always try to get the main books out as close to release as possible (even if nanocyte made us question if we'd need to release Tech Rev in two parts lol, that class was nuts to code). Core books are always our priority for both SF and PF2, and APs get worked in around other projects and enhancements, as I've mentioned elsewhere. We've been doing some contractor training on the PF2 ones lately, since they're simpler to handle in the code than SF tends to be and they've got more experience with the system.

I can't really speak to the details of pipelines or projects, but that's the general approach that is taken.
Daniel I can understand that the core books are priority, I mean that make perfect sense but the Starfinder AP line is YEARS behind and there isn't a lot of core books released in a year. Frankly there is now free software that is up to date that is just a character builder (which is what most of us want) ran by what seems one person. (To be fair it could be more but no where near the staffing of HLO).

Put all the together and it seems HLO has just abandoned the SF AP line and it is really hard to think it's any other way given the communication from LoneWolf.
Darius Silverbolt is offline   #30 Reply With Quote