Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

dragonladytoo

Old July 4th, 2010, 09:19 PM
So in the Editor, it seems that templates is the best place to work on the various changes (as a group) for sizes of wildshape (+NA, +/- Str, +/- Dex, +/- size, etc).

But I don't see how to apply the template from within Herolab. (I know the editor works because I created gauntlets of dex (from the Runelord Pathfinder module) no problem and I could use it with no problem.

How do I activate the template I created?

Once I get this to work then I will be able to do Beast I/II/II/IV and Elemental I/II/II easily for my wildshape ability.

Did someone find an easier way to do this?

Thanks
Robyn
dragonladytoo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old July 5th, 2010, 09:06 AM
you add templates the same way you add a character class.
kunger00 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo

Old July 5th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunger00 View Post
you add templates the same way you add a character class.
Could you expand on this please? What tab do you goto? Classes?

Is there a button that is pressed?
dragonladytoo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old July 5th, 2010, 09:16 AM
When in your character portfolio, go to the CLASSES tab (should be the very first tab)

Then click on the area right under where it lists your classes. It will probably say something like "Next level: 2 (2000 XP to go)"

Or something like that. It is the same location you click when you are leveling up a character and need to select which class to level up in.

Click that location and it brings up the menu for classes. Scroll down and you will find prestige classes, then npc classes, then templates.

Hope that helps some more.
kunger00 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old July 5th, 2010, 09:18 AM
there isn't a button, by the way... just click the words. Sometimes the area has a dashed line box around it but not always. Just click on the words "Next Level:"
kunger00 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old July 5th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I have been thinking about a way to set this up. And rather then doing a template I was thinking of trying to set it up as a condition. Then you just check the box next to the correct druid form to give the various +/- to STR, DEX, AC. You could then create custom weapons and call them things like Tiger Claw and Tiger Bite and Rake. I am not sure how you would work the other stuff like grab and the like.
Thazar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo

Old July 5th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunger00 View Post
there isn't a button, by the way... just click the words. Sometimes the area has a dashed line box around it but not always. Just click on the words "Next Level:"
Yes!!! That was it!!!

It works!!!

Woohoo!

Thanks!
dragonladytoo is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo

Old July 5th, 2010, 11:34 AM
ok, that takes care of ability statistic additions.

Now I am fighting the addition of natural weapons. They are listed (I'm an using Elephant as an example). Gore, Slam, Trample are all on the list. But I'm having trouble duplicating the damage
Gore is 2d8 plus str.
2d8 isn't on the list for damage (or when I choose it when I go and look at it it come up as 4d6 or 4d8 (depending on which of the 2 options for 2d8 I choose in the menu).
Argh.

It seems to be doing a convertion from whatever I request to another table.
If it was following standard Pathfinder rules for conversion from a medium weapon to a large weapon (Page 145 - Core book), then I would be able to use 1d10 and 1d8 to get 2d8 and 2d6. But instead I am getting 3d8 and 3d6.

Is this a bug?

Last edited by dragonladytoo; July 5th, 2010 at 11:45 AM.
dragonladytoo is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo

Old July 5th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Just in case I tried looking at the table conversion from tiny to large (its close) but its not per the Page 145 conversion table either.
Definately a bug.
dragonladytoo is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo

Old July 5th, 2010, 12:10 PM
The problem is Herolab is doing its conversion from the Tiny creature column to the other, rather than doing its conversion from Medium to Tiny or Large. Because of this they are squeezing the table down, and missing out on some weapon values (like 2d8).

This is definately a programming issue rather than "bug" per say.
Since the programming group is gone for the weekend, I guess there won't be any quick answers on this <sigh>.

So there is a reason, just not a justification and that means that many damage charts are wrong on Huge or Collosal creatures. I wonder how they worked around this for the Bestiary!

?
dragonladytoo is offline   #10 Reply With Quote