Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 16th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilroySummoner View Post
The Summoner's Call feat, when an ability is selected, will not stack with magic items of the same bonus level (+2), yet they should.
The Summoner's Call feat adds an enhancement bonus. The various Belt of (attribute) items also add enhancement bonuses. They do not stack.
Mathias is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 16th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhair2012 View Post
I have noticed that there is a possible mistake in determining the value of magical gear in the Pathfinder files. Such as the assumed worth of 5 +1 Flaming arrows in my Druid characters possession is posted as 58100 gp 3 sp 5 cp. It is my belief that magic ammunition is figured on groups of 50 pieces of ammunition. If that is true then 5 +1 Flaming arrows should be valued at approximately 160 gp each, which should total about 800 gp.

Of course I could be wrong.

This was previously reported in this thread, and is on my to-do list:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....78&postcount=7
Mathias is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
Shayd3000

Old December 17th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Everyone, PLEASE tell me which book a trait is from - this one is from the Shadows in Sandpoint set of traits in the APG, which I don't normally have checked on my system, so it took a long time to figure out which trait was being reported, and where in my files it was.
Apologies - will do in the future!

Member: Amorphous Blob Games
Shayd3000 is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
Fuzzywessy

Old April 13th, 2020, 03:11 PM
Edit: Just noticed how old this forum was. Will search for the correct forum to post this!

Hi! I am using a Conduit Feat in conjunction with another feat on one of my characters and I noticed that it doesn't give the proper number of uses per day

Specifically I am using "Flickering Step" from Planar Adventures which gives you Dimension Door as a spell-like ability. The text of which reads: "You can use this feat's benefit once per day plus an additional time per day for every 5 ranks you have in Knowledge: Planes"

and "Quicken Spell-Like Ability" from the Pathfinder RPG Bestiary. The text of which reads: "The creature can use the chosen spell-like ability as a quickened spell-like ability 3 times per day (Or less, if the ability is usable only once or twice per day)"

If I am understanding the mechanics correctly at 20th level with 20 ranks in Knowledge: Planes, I should have 5 total uses of Dimension Door, 3 of which should be quickened, however I am showing only 1/day for use of Quickened Dimension Door.

I have tested it by taking away the Quicken Spell-Like ability feat and it shows the proper number of uses per day (5). It is only in conjunction with Quicken spell-like ability that the number of uses displays incorrectly.

If this has been reported already I apologize. I did a quick search and didn't see anything. Thanks!

Last edited by Fuzzywessy; April 13th, 2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Just saw how old the forum I posted this in was...
Fuzzywessy is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 14th, 2020, 12:06 AM
Fuzzywessy: You would be better off submitting a bug report or sending an email to support. Forum posts are not bug reports, and may not be seen by LW.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #155 Reply With Quote
Harrycanyon

Old April 16th, 2020, 03:10 PM
Sorry, if this has been reported before...

Hero Lab for Mac v8.9g
macOS 10.14.6

Steps:

1) Create a new hero.
2) Add a class level. (I used Rogue although it doesn't really matter. ;-) )
3) Leave stats at default.
4) Add one or more ranks to the Linguistic skill.
5) Click the Background tab.
6) Observe Starting Languages section.

Result:
No new language choice appears.

Expected:
User can add a new language for each rank in Linguistics.

Take care,

Derek
Harrycanyon is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 16th, 2020, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycanyon View Post
Sorry, if this has been reported before...

4) Add one or more ranks to the Linguistic skill.
5) Click the Background tab.
6) Observe Starting Languages section.

Result: No new language choice appears.
NOTE: Linguistics adds a Language on the PERSONAL tab, to "Languages Known". Check this with your Hero - I don't think you have a bug.

If you do believe you have a bug, report it on the bug reporting page or send an email to support. This means LW can track it properly and you will get a response. Forum posts are not bug reports, though they are good for discussions of problems, or possible bugs.

This is a VERY OLD thread, for an OLD update of Pathfinder. It is much better to start a new thread for concerns. Adding to an older thread is fine if you have the same concern that was discussed in that thread.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; April 16th, 2020 at 03:49 PM.
Dami is offline   #157 Reply With Quote
Harrycanyon

Old April 16th, 2020, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
NOTE: Linguistics adds a Language on the PERSONAL tab, to "Languages Known". Check this with your Hero - I don't think you have a bug.

If you do believe you have a bug, report it on the bug reporting page or send an email to support. This means LW can track it properly and you will get a response. Forum posts are not bug reports, though they are good for discussions of problems, or possible bugs.

This is a VERY OLD thread, for an OLD update of Pathfinder. It is much better to start a new thread for concerns. Adding to an older thread is fine if you have the same concern that was discussed in that thread.
Ahh... Thank you. You are correct it was on the Personal tab. I didn't realize that there were two places for languages.

Sorry about the thread necromancy. I just found the thread and didn't look at the dates.

Take care,

Derek
Harrycanyon is offline   #158 Reply With Quote