Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

mpirunner

Old February 11th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Dear Lone Wolf team,

I just upgraded to Version 4.1b and after relaunching the application, hero lab needs its license reassigned again.
This is the 3rd time this happened to me. It's not funny when you need the system to prepare a game on the same day and realize that you aren't able to save or print any character sheets. While the reassign license process usually works without issue, the several hours delay is a big nuissance.
I do understand that you need to protect your IP against software piracy, however I have little understanding for denying service to paying users.
Please, think about how you can make this process work more conveniently for valid users in the near future (perhaps by automating the reassign procedure so it completes without significant delays).

Other than that, keep up your good work. I wouldn't be so mad, if my entire game preparation process wasn't relying entirely on this great tool!

mpirunner

PS: Lucky me, I have a secondary license installed on my laptop, so I was able to workaround my issue, but it's a pain nonetheless. Others may not be so fortunate though.
mpirunner is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old February 11th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Are you sure you needed to reactivate the license? You dont need to do that each time, only when it requests it. Other wise, dont wait until the day before game day to update the software. If you do get stuck in a problem, you can send an email to LW and in a day or so they wlil be able to resolve the problem.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Be very careful with the license numbers you use. Make certain you've used only one license number on each computer. (You can check what number each computer is using by choosing "About Hero Lab" from the Help menu).

You say you've just borrowed the number from your laptop. If you update Hero Lab on your laptop within the next 4 months (without assigning a different license number to that laptop), you will need to use a license re-assignment to re-activate that laptop, because when you update, it will notice that the license number assigned to that computer is now in use on another computer.

Hero Lab should not be having to re-assign license numbers with every update. If this is happening to you, there is something mis-configured.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote