Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

taks

Old September 9th, 2019, 08:04 PM
Now that I'm in the correct forum!

Is the current response time through the interface what we can expect moving forward, or are there improvements planned? I figured the lag over the weekend might be due to the downtime, but hasn't changed since that was fixed. As it stands, I can't see switching between multiple characters (PCs, monsters, or otherwise) in real time.
taks is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 10th, 2019, 01:34 PM
We've completely overhauled the way in which that will work for GMs running campaigns (as demoed at Gen Con this year). This should result in a much more seamless experience for GMs controlling multiple characters (or players with minions, for that matter). Be on the lookout for more details with that as the campaigns functionality gets closer to launch.
Joe is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
taks

Old September 10th, 2019, 02:55 PM
OK. I assume that will make the build process quicker as well?
taks is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
taks

Old September 10th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the update, btw!
taks is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 11th, 2019, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taks View Post
OK. I assume that will make the build process quicker as well?
Somewhat. Broadly speaking, there's 2 parts.

1) In the case of campaigns/running combats, there's a lot of extra overhead intended for character building-only that's not needed during a combat or other encounters (for instance, no one will be changing their class mid-encounter). This allows us to use lighter-weight representations of the characters for tactical display and control, making everything extra fast in that case. These improvements won't apply to character building however, where we DO need the full representation of the character, leading to:

2) General performance improvements to make everything faster, whether in the context of campaigns/combat or character building. There's still a lot of places we can optimize in big ways, as well as performance bugs that have crept in that we need to squash. We fixed a few of these in the update we deployed today, but there are more to hunt.
Joe is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old September 11th, 2019, 09:33 AM
the interface does seem a bit snappier since the Sept 10 update. Thanks!

Last edited by dacoobob; September 11th, 2019 at 09:42 AM.
dacoobob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote