Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gryndehl

Old May 3rd, 2015, 07:37 AM
Some ideas for journal I would like to see:

1. Ability to change about of money character has without attaching to a specific journal entry. Right now if I want to do this, I have to do item buy/sell games.

2. Ability to change amount of gold on specific journal entry without it impacting actual wealth.

3. A quick level button on a journal entry would be useful so you would need to enter the needed XP points needs.

4. It is possible from chronicles to reward more than one XP in Pathfinder Society. Right now I have to add additional journal entries to cover this.

5. Would like the ability to either sort entries or insert a new entry in the middle.

6. When printing journal entries with prestige entries, would like to be able to edit how they get interlaced. Right now I have some characters where either several entries entries or several prestige entries will get printed in a row. In lieu of that, how would I manually edit the .por file to get things sorted how I want them?
Gryndehl is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old May 4th, 2015, 10:24 AM
If I may "2nd the motion" on a couple of these suggestions...

1. I would like to see this, too. My group doesn't use the Journal in HL, so having to modify these just to adjust my coin is cumbersome.

3. In direct relation to this, having the option to just add a level to the character would be nice, too. My GM doesn't use experience, giving out levels as needed. Having to determine the amount of XP to level up is also cumbersome.

Thanks!
Krothos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 4th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
3. In direct relation to this, having the option to just add a level to the character would be nice, too. My GM doesn't use experience, giving out levels as needed. Having to determine the amount of XP to level up is also cumbersome.
The Pathfinder Basic Pack comes with a new XP option of "none". So that you won't need to figure out XP. Just add a level.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 4th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The Pathfinder Basic Pack comes with a new XP option of "none". So that you won't need to figure out XP. Just add a level.
Is there some reason why just opening the Configure Hero screen (Ctrl+K) and increasing the starting level doesn't work? I believe it even sets the character to the base minimum needed for the level.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 4th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Is there some reason why just opening the Configure Hero screen (Ctrl+K) and increasing the starting level doesn't work? I believe it even sets the character to the base minimum needed for the level.
A) Before that gave buggy results in the past. B) Why do even that little work when with the "NO XP" turned on you just add a character level without any need to press CTRL-K.

Seems easier to just add a character level especially on the iPad where getting to the Configure Your Hero window is not one click.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old May 5th, 2015, 06:08 AM
Another option for the 'level me up' option, is to look on the Class tab. Under the currently added levels, it will list how much XP is required for the next level. go to the Journal tab, and add that much XP.
Fuzzy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote