Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old December 24th, 2014, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
For anyone interested (time-zone check, I'm in the UK), I started reading the manuals last night, and got through the Quick Start Guide and half-way through the Gamer Guide.

Lots of good stuff, much of which I already knew, but definitely some gems that I didn't.

Moar reading tonight!
I tend to work weird hours as I have clients an co-workers in Europe and Asia.

Would be happy to set something up.
MNBlockHead is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
ThatOneMike

Old April 20th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Seregil, I just wanted to thank you for posting these videos. I watched them tonight and was able to quickly implement it into my session planning - I love Realm Works even more! Lone Wolf should pay you a royalty for my purchase
ThatOneMike is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old April 25th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Very nice videos - short and to the point.

Good work.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old May 1st, 2015, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
But you DO read the forums. That's the same as reading the manual...

You read here about features that were described in the manual. It just takes longer to get the information you want this way, and you don't get it as completely as you would if you simply read the manual. You know, the thing we spent lots of time and effort on so that your lives would be easier? :P

Alright, I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted and this is quite frustrating right now... <sigh>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
It's the bane of all documentation: odds are that nobody reads it, even as a primary source.

That doesn't mean it's not worthwhile to have. Just that users are lazy and often stupid.

Please don't get frustrated with us, we're just being typical users.
Rob, people learn in different ways. Some go straight to the manual, others are hands-on and go straight to the program, others do a combination, and some who are more visual with a video or something similar. So don't despair that no one is using the manuals that you and your people worked so hard on. Most people will use the manual in some manner, whether it's to read cover-to-cover or as a reference when they have a question.

Just keep doing what you're doing with these great programs and continue to offer different ways for users to learn them. It's all good.
ruhar is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Seregil

Old May 2nd, 2015, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneMike View Post
Seregil, I just wanted to thank you for posting these videos. I watched them tonight and was able to quickly implement it into my session planning - I love Realm Works even more! Lone Wolf should pay you a royalty for my purchase
It was mu pleasure. I'll send a PM to Rob about the commision ;-)
Seregil is offline   #25 Reply With Quote