Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 29th, 2010, 07:30 AM
The bonus spell attribute is also used for the save dc. No example we've seen before separates those two functions, so we haven't had to make the distinction within Hero Lab, and I'm afraid it will be a long project to do so.
Mathias is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 29th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappi View Post
What I want is:
* Use Cha to compute the save DC.
* Use Int for everything else: bonus slot per level, concentration check, etc.
In this case couldn't you set the class to use Int for its spellcasting and then somewhere in Final timing go through every spell on the hero and deduct out the Int Bonus to the DC and add back in the Cha to the DC? Should work in theory anyways.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 29th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
In this case couldn't you set the class to use Int for its spellcasting and then somewhere in Final timing go through every spell on the hero and deduct out the Int Bonus to the DC and add back in the Cha to the DC? Should work in theory anyways.
Actually, you could apply a modifier to each of the spell school picks (the same things spell focus is modifying) equal to the difference between INT and CHA. That's less picks to modify, and the spells are looking those things up anyway.
Mathias is online now   #13 Reply With Quote
Flappi

Old June 30th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
No example we've seen before separates those two functions, so we haven't had to make the distinction within Hero Lab, and I'm afraid it will be a long project to do so.
I know, that why I don't ask you to implement this - it's not a common houserule. But anyway, there isn't many field to modify spell DC; changing the attribute tied to a save is more easy (like the Fort save depending on Cha for undead). But I understand that it's not a priority, altering spell DC in this way is not a common thing in the game (unlike changing the attribute of a save).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
That's what I eventually did, with a mechanic:
Code:
if (hero.tagis[Classes.Wizard] <> 0) then
  hero.childfound[cHelpWiz].field[cSplSaveDC].value += hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value-hero.child[aINT].field[aModBonus].value
  endif
(final phase, priority 15000: after the standard DC computation, which is at final phase, priority 10000, but before each spell DC computation; and a source to apply this only in a selected game)
It's probably not the best way to do it, but it seems to be OK.

(I have also looked at the spell focus feat, but for now I don't understand how it works x) )

Now I'm looking for a way of allowing the user to change an automatic bonus feat from races or class; like changing the scribe scroll bonus feat for wizard (without redefining the class), or changing the feats that a derro (or anything else, but I was training myself with derro) gains with his HD. For races, it should be in the main program, since it's not an houserule (some races have racial feats - like skeletons with improved init - , but many of them have only feats from their HD; the feats given in the bestiary are only examples for a typical member of the race, they can be unadapted for a particular NPC).

Last edited by Flappi; June 30th, 2010 at 03:54 AM.
Flappi is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 30th, 2010, 08:34 AM
The way to get a race without pre-selelected feats and skills is simply to remake them in the editor. You can open a copy of the original and a new race, and flip back and forth between then, copying all the settings.
Mathias is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
Flappi

Old June 30th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Yes, but we can't save a copy of a monster from the bestiary; we must remake them. For monster with high CR (and many special ability), it's not very convenient to remake all the settings and copy all eval script.
Flappi is offline   #16 Reply With Quote