Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old July 15th, 2021, 08:36 PM
The files show up properly now.

Now we can get on with the important step, making sure the files load properly for everyone here. Those of you who have used the Monster Manual Conversion stuff from other contributors, may have some duplication problems.

I regret I cannot automatically delete files with an update (not would I want to) I'd probably mess stuff up.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #251 Reply With Quote
Meatpuppet

Old July 17th, 2021, 04:29 AM
Hey there TobyFox2002 thanks for your work.

However I get the following error messages now that I installed your files :

Quote:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: 3.x - PF Convert - Monster Manual Content.user (line 4141) - Thing 'i35GrWound'
(dynamic tag) - Group 'SoPBndWp2' not defined
And according to HL the Ravenloft file is corrupted ):

Last edited by Meatpuppet; July 17th, 2021 at 04:31 AM.
Meatpuppet is offline   #252 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 18th, 2021, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatpuppet View Post
Hey there TobyFox2002 thanks for your work.
However I get the following error messages now that I installed your files :

File: 3.x - PF Convert - Monster Manual Content.user (line 4141) - Thing 'i35GrWound'
(dynamic tag) - Group 'SoPBndWp2' not defined

And according to HL the Ravenloft file is corrupted ):
Hrm.. the Tag Group "SoPBndWp2" which was used by Spheres of Power. I am not sure how it got here. But I have corrected it. For the present you can delete the tag from the the weapon power, "Greater Wounding."

I will look into the "Corrupted Ravenloft" File, I'm not sure exactly what that means, because it works for me. I will ask my testing guinea pig (aka, my pathfinder group) to see if what problems they are having.

Update

Okay, I checked the files, re-uploaded them to drop box, both files seem to be working now on my end. I had a typo in the ravenloft filename as listed on the xml file. So, no file was actually being downloaded. Which meant, corrupted file.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; July 18th, 2021 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Update
TobyFox2002 is offline   #253 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old July 19th, 2021, 01:39 AM
I tried to download the updated files, and the error is still there in the Monster Manual entry.
Jobe00 is offline   #254 Reply With Quote
RichieRich

Old July 27th, 2021, 05:01 AM
Like others, I had a hard time getting the update applied at first. TobyFox2002's corrections, and reposting of his files corrected the base problem however.
To resolve my issues I removed all 3rd party updates, then added them back one at a time. I exited and relaunched Herolab between each, but that very well may have been overkill.
I'm loading/using the Pathfinder Pack, TobyFox2002's 5 offerings, and the D20pfsrd Mythic Playtest update packs. I can attest that they are all loaded and working properly on two devices.

thanks for the update Tobyfox2002!
RichieRich is offline   #255 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 30th, 2021, 02:59 AM
First things first, I wanted to get out of the way my deepest apology for how abysmally late this update was and to apologize for the disaster that was this update's actual release. First was the year from hell that we all want to forget then when I was finally getting ready to update (when I said it would happen within the week), my computer up and died on me. All my files... gone, hard drive... poof. I had it examined and I found it it was a string of issues and my whole computer was pretty much toast.

I had to wait for a bit to a new one, and in this, I can be thankful for the stimulus check from the c-virus... Without it, I might be still trying to save money.

I got a new computer, managed to pull an old backup of my files and piece together what was missing, thankfully not a great deal.

Now, with that out of the way, I want to say that I may not do many updates for a bit. I am working on a Pathfinder 1e splat book of my own. Running three games trying to get a twitch channel up and running and generally trying to become gainfully employed because apart from being a leach on society I have am quite broke. (No, I am not begging or trying to get attention, just stating a fact--and trying to make light of my own situation).

Therefore, apart from bug fixes, minor edits and the occasional requests I will not be making a whole system update in some time. On the matter of requests, if you have a class, some feats or some spells you'd like added I'd be happy to do so.

Thank you for your understanding, and patience.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #256 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old July 30th, 2021, 08:49 AM
Hey, we appreciate all you've done man. Anything you can share about this splatbook you are working on? I've got pretty lenient DMs who allow 3rd party content. Also, what is your twitch channel?
asvaldson is offline   #257 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old August 1st, 2021, 12:18 PM
Toby something I might suggest, (and do anyone who has important stuff on their computer) A tool called Veeam has been a life saver for me. It does automatic scheduled backups, and in the event of a PC failure can make recovery a LOT easier. Ive been using the free community edition for a while now and I have 4 computers protected with it.
Minous is offline   #258 Reply With Quote
VDawg

Old August 23rd, 2021, 10:59 AM
How do I add things to the current Hero Lab files? I wanted to add some of the homebrew invocations from the 'Giant In the Playground' and the D & D wiki forums to the stuff already available one for the adapted 3.5 Warlock you did.

https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/3.5e_Warlock_Invocations

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...6#post13862626
VDawg is offline   #259 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 23rd, 2021, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDawg View Post
How do I add things to the current Hero Lab files? I wanted to add some of the homebrew invocations from the 'Giant In the Playground' and the D & D wiki forums to the stuff already available one for the adapted 3.5 Warlock you did.

https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/3.5e_Warlock_Invocations

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...6#post13862626
You will need to use the editor. For new stuff, make a user file and enter the information in that. To add to existing content, you can add to the existing Warlock file, but that would get over-written by any community update, so that's also better off in your own file - especially if it doesn't change anything, but just adds.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #260 Reply With Quote