Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old July 12th, 2021, 04:48 AM
Okay, so I have just updated the TobyFox Content for Forgotten Realms and other 3.x content and packaged them into their respective *.hl files. Updated the update.xml and loaded them onto dropbox.

But the individual updates are not showing up on the Latest Updates page. I've spent two days trying to figure out what the issue is and what would cause it not to show up on the updates page when you click "Find Updates" on the main loading page of HLC.

I have searched for any references on handling the updates.xml, which is where I suspect the issue is, but I cannot find anything that pertains to this specific problem.

Assistance in this would be appreciated.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 13th, 2021, 02:00 AM
Just guesses: When you updated the XML file, did you change the version number? Did you give it a new date? (These relate more to the updates being seen as "new" - if they aren't appearing in the update sources at all, has the source address changed?)

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; July 13th, 2021 at 02:03 AM.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 13th, 2021, 04:08 AM
Gave it a new date and a new version number, although I cannot stand the date format, confuses the heck out of me. I am fairly certain I got it correct, had to look up the proper date format for xml to make sure
TobyFox2002 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 15th, 2021, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Just guesses: When you updated the XML file, did you change the version number? Did you give it a new date? (These relate more to the updates being seen as "new" - if they aren't appearing in the update sources at all, has the source address changed?)
Thank you very much for your help. While it wasnt exactly the solution, it did point me in the direction. I really REALLY hate the XML date format it is very confusing. And while I did the order of numbers correct (surprisingly), my issue was that I didnt include a leading ZERO in the month number. Once I did that, It finally started to show up.

I had to delete the updates and upload the update.xml file from 2014, which displayed all the names correctly. From there it was just a matter of changing one thing at a time until I figured out what was wrong.

Thank you very much for your help.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 16th, 2021, 04:27 PM
You're welcome. I'm glad my educated guesses helped. I went back to a file I'd copied notes from ShadowChemosh about setting up sources and updates. That seemed the most likely, but may not have been correct. It's good it got you on the right track.
I've downloaded the files you've worked on, particularly for the Dragonlance material. While I haven't got to use any of it yet, I'm very thankful for you working on these!

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote