Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bob G

Old March 16th, 2022, 03:02 PM
Hi Lab Wolves!

I have a feat that allows a user to select from a filtered list of custom abilities. The list is filtering correctly with my custom expression, but now I don't know how to bootstrap the user's selection to the hero. Do I use the "perform" command?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2022, 03:12 PM
Are you asking whether you can use a drop-down to let the user make a choice that becomes a permanent selection? That is not something that can be done. This is what the "Configurable" options are set up to let you do - give the user a new table where they can add a selection from a custom list, but before you go there, what context is this happening in? Let's make sure that's the right solution, and to know what the right solution is, I need more context about what is happening.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old March 16th, 2022, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Are you asking whether you can use a drop-down to let the user make a choice that becomes a permanent selection? That is not something that can be done. This is what the "Configurable" options are set up to let you do - give the user a new table where they can add a selection from a custom list, but before you go there, what context is this happening in? Let's make sure that's the right solution, and to know what the right solution is, I need more context about what is happening.
Gotcha. Here's the sitch:

This is a feat that allows the user to select from four different custom abilities (filtered with the custom expression "abCategory.BLoSpeci"). The selections are Artillery, Medic, Scout and Soldier. The selection is permanent once chosen. Each selection grants the user a specific ability. For example, Artillery states "The artillerist gains the feat Amateur Gunslinger as a bonus feat, but he uses his Intelligence modifier in place of his Wisdom modifier to determine his uses of Grit. He also gains proficiency with all firearms." The custom abilities themselves are already coded and working fine.

Does that give you enough context?

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Bob G is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2022, 04:55 PM
Thanks. Yes, a configurable is the way to go here.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old March 16th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Thanks. Yes, a configurable is the way to go here.
Great! Making progress!

I created a configurable (cfgMiliTrai1) and bootstrapped it to the feat. I looked around the editor and found the section for Custom Abilities. So I added my candidate expression into the Primary Candidate Expression field, but then remembered that the custom abilities being selected are all secondary custom abilities, so I placed the candidate expression into the Secondary Candidate Expression field.

That didn't seem to produce any results unfortunately. What else is needed? My apologies for the lack of knowledge, but Configurables are somewhat new territory for me.

Bob G is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2022, 05:22 PM
Please search this forum for "Configurable" - there have been several people who have asked the same question.

Here's one: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...t=configurable
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old March 16th, 2022, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Please search this forum for "Configurable" - there have been several people who have asked the same question.

Here's one: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...t=configurable
Thanks Mathias, I will give that a try.

Bob G is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old March 16th, 2022, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
Thanks Mathias, I will give that a try.
Well, that was about as much fun as rectal cancer...

Okay, so I was able to figure it out through trial and error. Thanks for the help!

Bob G is offline   #8 Reply With Quote