Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

talsharien

Old December 30th, 2020, 10:23 AM
Any update on how long this is going to take, my session is waiting to start and you are still down beyond the hour!
talsharien is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Tridus

Old December 30th, 2020, 10:27 AM
From the announcement thread: "UPDATE: We are continuing to work through this complicated deployment which unfortunately is taking longer than expected. Thank you for your patience while we work through completing this maintenance."

I work in IT, and unfortunately sometimes new feature deployments just don't go according to plan despite everyone's best intentions.
Tridus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old December 30th, 2020, 10:34 AM
I too have worked in IT in the past and do understand such things, no disrespect to you Tridus but I was hoping that a member of the LW team would respond to me with something a little more informative. I have a PC party online from multiple areas waiting to play, it is frustrating...
talsharien is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Medriev

Old December 30th, 2020, 10:57 AM
Understand the frustration here but I suspect that every minute someone spends responding directly to posts here is a minute someone isn't working on getting the update working. Hopefully it will be sorted soon. Excited for this update so glad they are taking the time to make sure it works

Last edited by Medriev; December 30th, 2020 at 11:15 AM.
Medriev is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Tohmaturge

Old December 30th, 2020, 02:39 PM
This deployment delay is sadly unacceptable. The whole platform has been offline for the last 6 hours with the last update posted 4 hours ago... Had to cancel my session today. Admittedly hosting a session on a deployment day is always a gamble but still... 6 hours ?
Tohmaturge is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old December 30th, 2020, 02:53 PM
To be fair, I did not plan my session on a deployment day. LW have planned their deployment on my gaming day (with no regard for euro time zones once again). I believe this was supposed to be a 26th December deployment which would have caused little disruption. I have been sat online with my players for 4 hours and have wasted everyones time.

A big thanks to LW, anyone would think that this was a paid service.....
talsharien is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Tridus

Old December 30th, 2020, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
I too have worked in IT in the past and do understand such things, no disrespect to you Tridus but I was hoping that a member of the LW team would respond to me with something a little more informative. I have a PC party online from multiple areas waiting to play, it is frustrating...
That's pretty unfortunate, sorry to hear that. Certainly after this long, more regular updates would be useful. Even if it's just "still working on it, no ETA."

It's a shame it's worked out how it did. I feel for LW working on it, and it's an extra thing to remember to post an update, but even small updates to make a real difference.
Tridus is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old December 30th, 2020, 03:41 PM
I'm starting to think that when they deployed, the server melted. I mean, wow! Whelp. I'll keep waiting.
asvaldson is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Geodragon

Old December 30th, 2020, 03:46 PM
Yeah, hoping it'll be up in a little over an hour.. Forgot to print out my character and didn't realize they scheduled the PF1 Update to today.. Otherwise, I would have printed it out..
Geodragon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Tohmaturge

Old December 31st, 2020, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
To be fair, I did not plan my session on a deployment day. LW have planned their deployment on my gaming day (with no regard for euro time zones once again). I believe this was supposed to be a 26th December deployment which would have caused little disruption. I have been sat online with my players for 4 hours and have wasted everyones time.

A big thanks to LW, anyone would think that this was a paid service.....
Hahaha it's a "best practice" to announce your release deployment ahead of time. Not a couple of hours before it starts. I thought it weird to see that the deployment was announced and then started :P

All in all, it's not like a puppy died, that would have happened if they had deployed on a friday :P But still... more updates would have been appreciated. I personally know how deployments can go sideways. I feel for these guys. I'm just complaining because of the lack of communication. I'm not criticizing the developers

Last edited by Tohmaturge; December 31st, 2020 at 04:29 PM.
Tohmaturge is offline   #10 Reply With Quote