Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Cards77

Old September 24th, 2019, 05:14 PM
Specifically, Greater Shield Focus is still requiring Fighter Level 8 and cannot be selected even though all prereqs are met (Shield Focus, Shield Proficiency, +1 BAB, etc)

I am using a Divine Guardian level 11, I have Shield Focus.

Obviously all other prereqs have been met but the part of the archetype that states "paladin level equals fighter level" for the purposes of bonus feats isn't being treated correctly by HL.
Cards77 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 24th, 2019, 08:45 PM
Report it as a bug.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 25th, 2019, 05:26 AM
Yes, please! And screen shots are always helpful too. Thanks!
Lj Stephens is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Cards77

Old September 25th, 2019, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=Lj Stephens;282525]Yes, please! And screen shots are always helpful too. Thanks![/Q]

Reported bug

File limits on uploads are way too small for this screen shot.

See image here

I guess linking to imgur isn't allowed either. Pretty limited options we have here

https://imgur.com/a/GTtLzf3

Last edited by Cards77; September 25th, 2019 at 02:40 PM.
Cards77 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 25th, 2019, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
Yes, please! And screen shots are always helpful too. Thanks![/Q]

Reported bug

File limits on uploads are way too small for this screen shot.

See image here

I guess linking to imgur isn't allowed either. Pretty limited options we have here

https://imgur.com/a/GTtLzf3
Did you read the text right above where you highlighted the warning? It actually tells you everything your asking about.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Cards77

Old September 25th, 2019, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Did you read the text right above where you highlighted the warning? It actually tells you everything your asking about.
I saw that when i made the screenshot. Doesn't mean it makes sense. Why would it be in there and all other shield related bonus feats work?

We bought the data package, the archetype is there, other bonus feats in the same screen work properly. The prereqs are met for this feat, and I'm able to take all other feats with the same prereqs.

I could understand I guess if a bonus feat required Spellbreaker, or some other requirement mentioned there, but this isn't the case.

So, no that doesn't answer anything for me sorry.

Last edited by Cards77; September 25th, 2019 at 04:44 PM.
Cards77 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 25th, 2019, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards77 View Post
I saw that when i made the screenshot. Doesn't mean it makes sense. Why would it be in there and all other shield related bonus feats work?

We bought the data package, the archetype is there, other bonus feats in the same screen work properly. The prereqs are met for this feat, and I'm able to take all other feats with the same prereqs.

I could understand I guess if a bonus feat required Spellbreaker, or some other requirement mentioned there, but this isn't the case.

So, no that doesn't answer anything for me sorry.
It means that implementing the details of this particular feat are quite challenging, and probably require changes in other parts of the data set in order to be able to get it to work.

Thus, the warning that it hasn't been fully implemented yet.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 26th, 2019, 07:50 AM
When we add a message that a feature is not yet implemented, it also means that it is already on our to-do list, and that we've already analyzed what needs to be accomplished, and assessed that as something that has to be put on the back burner, and so bug reports about that missing feature will not supply any new information that will help us address that issue.

In this case, the problem is that the same feat, when added to this specific table (not the general feats table, for example), but only when that table is offered by this archetype, needs to be fed an extra bit of information to tell it that if there's a fighter level prereq on the feat, it can instead feed the paladin level + fighter level into that value. Unfortunately, this kind of wrinkle in how specific the prereq code would need to get was not anticipated when building the prereq mechanics, so there's a lot of behind the scenes work needed to adjust how those work in order to get this functioning.

So in the meantime, you'll have to work around this issue - in this case, you can ignore the error message, add the feat anyway, and the only problem will be that there's a false error message on your character you'll have to ignore - the feat will still apply its effects, regardless of whether it fulfills its prereqs or not.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Cards77

Old September 30th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
When we add a message that a feature is not yet implemented, it also means that it is already on our to-do list, and that we've already analyzed what needs to be accomplished, and assessed that as something that has to be put on the back burner, and so bug reports about that missing feature will not supply any new information that will help us address that issue.

In this case, the problem is that the same feat, when added to this specific table (not the general feats table, for example), but only when that table is offered by this archetype, needs to be fed an extra bit of information to tell it that if there's a fighter level prereq on the feat, it can instead feed the paladin level + fighter level into that value. Unfortunately, this kind of wrinkle in how specific the prereq code would need to get was not anticipated when building the prereq mechanics, so there's a lot of behind the scenes work needed to adjust how those work in order to get this functioning.

So in the meantime, you'll have to work around this issue - in this case, you can ignore the error message, add the feat anyway, and the only problem will be that there's a false error message on your character you'll have to ignore - the feat will still apply its effects, regardless of whether it fulfills its prereqs or not.
Thanks I understand. Not trying to sound flippant, I would think it would be a pretty simple fix (I'm definitely NO coder). Paladin level = fighter level, easier said than done it seems.

I will work around
Cards77 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote