Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old June 13th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Our group has decided to use the "Wound Threshold" rule for our adventure path campaign. This involves editting every single portfolio, and opening the "Configure Hero" window on every single character within each portfolio - then scrolling down to the "Wound Threshold" option, ticking it, then pressing OK twice - for each character.

This is going to take a long time for the entire adventure path.

If we could have the Configure Hero options stored within RW at the realm level, then it could perhaps be tagged onto the HeroLab portfolio each time it is exported from RW for editing inside HL?

Thus, changing the use of an optional rule for the campaign involves only changing the configure hero options stored in the realm.

(Obviously, having a realm option to enable/disable the feature would be even better.)

(I have submitted a request for HeroLab to have a menu option to apply the "default" configure hero options set for all characters within the current portfolio. This will speed things up a bit - having to only edit the portfolio within HL, selecting one menu option, then saving the portfolio.)
Farling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old June 13th, 2015, 02:25 PM
I think it would be a nice integration feature to have a place to set Realm-based Defaults for HeroLab (as the topic of multiple sets of Defaults has come up in the Pathfinder HeroLab forum previously), I don't think being able to force them onto existing entries makes sense.

The option makes sense, somewhat, if you can be sure that all users have the same mix of packages as the GM.. but there are cases where that is not guaranteed, and could cause problems.

At least some users will be storing monsters in there (encounter-based portfolios), where additional sources might cause issues.

Published content might include "special case" content sources that are not meant for general use, and which could cause problems.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 14th, 2015, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
At least some users will be storing monsters in there (encounter-based portfolios), where additional sources might cause issues.
I suspect this is an issue for the new "adventure path" encounter libraries that are being published. If I want to use "wound thresholds" with these encounter libraries, presumably I would have to enable the option for each character after I load each encounter's portfolio.
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old June 17th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I suspect this is an issue for the new "adventure path" encounter libraries that are being published. If I want to use "wound thresholds" with these encounter libraries, presumably I would have to enable the option for each character after I load each encounter's portfolio.
Yes, those are one example of what I had in mind.

Another case, though, is simply importing a stock creature. If the topic is revealed and the GM actually gives access to the Portfolio (there is not anything I would consider a good reason to do so that comes to mind, but I am far from omniscient ) then a player accessing through the Player Edition might encounter a series of errors about disabled content because the player doesn't have the appropriate books.

Further, this impacts distributed content in the Content Market. If you over-write the settings on a purchased/shared encounter, you may be disabling a source you do not have yourself, but which was enabled "specially" in some way through the Content Market (similar to the Encounter Library feature). This may cause the GM to be unable to run encounters properly.

So while I agree that being able to pre-select a rule set and defaults for NEW HeroLab characters is valuable, the forcible application of these to existing portfolios should be manual. Reducing it to a single click of some kind would be a reasonable compromise.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote